Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Hormone In balance

(1/1)

Jan1234:
Hi im on a conti hrt tablet form I've been given extra progesterone (provera) to stop bleeding issues been checked out all ok so my gp as put me on a 3 week course of provera to see if it settles so I decrease the provera weekly to see if it settles, my question is my symptons seems to have returned like when I was not on hrt I wake up with morning headaches my neck aches  and constantly clicking and I'm having some night sweats, im thinking is it because I'm on higher progesterone at the moment to my eastrogen could this possible be why I'm feeling like this, I'm trying to persevere to acually see if this does settle as my bleeding as stopped now but at the moment i acually feel like I'm not on hrt any ideas please

Hurdity:
Hi Jan1234

Sorry to hear about your issues.

What is the conti tablet you are on? It may well be that your symptoms are due to too much progestogen. Many of us can't even tolerate continuous progestogen in the standard doses, let alon trying to increase on a continuous basis.

Some women also experience increased sweats on the progedtogen part of the cycle when taking it cyclically - and increase the oestrogen on this phase - but that would defeat the object of why you're taking extra prog. Can you remind us of where you are in menopause. Have you thought of taking hRT sequentially rather than having to increase the conti dose?

Hurdity x

Jan1234:
Hi hurdity I'm postmenopausal been on hrt for years I'm in kliofem 2mg/1mg I used to be on a sequel years ago but spoke with gp. and they def against me going back to that I've only been like this since taking the extra provera so hoping when it's finlshed things will sort out that's what I was wondering if the extra progesterone can. do this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version