Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Does the bleeding settle down in time?

(1/2) > >>

merrygoround:
A question about my HRT (or alternative to HRT depending on who you ask).

I'm three years post meopause, so no bleeding when I'm off HRT, I've been on tibolone a few months now.
I've taken it before, but stopped it before the bleeding settled.
My cycle on tibolone has been between 22 and 25 days in length, always with a five day bleed once only, no spotting etc.

I just wonder if anyone else knows if the bleeding lasts six months, a year, forever?
All I've found via google is that bleeding is common on tibolone, but no useful details.

CLKD:
Morning.  MayB put the product name into the search box on the Forum to read the threads?  Make notes ;-)

Taz2:
Hi. It gives details in the Tibolone patient info leaflet. You need to have a look a Section 2 under Irregular Bleeding. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4429/pil#about-medicine. Hope this helps

Taz x

shrosphirelass:
I don't know about Tibolone but I have been on evorel conti for several years and I have have had regular bouts of bleeding throughout.

The menopause clinic suggested it could either be caused by not being fully menopausal and my natural cycle kicking in,  or else my body interacting with the evorel. They said that some women struggle to find HRT that doesn't cause bleeding. I was advised to try provera and more recently a mirena which out of desperation is the path I'm going down.

merrygoround:

--- Quote from: shrosphirelass on March 16, 2024, 07:44:14 PM ---I don't know about Tibolone but I have been on evorel conti for several years and I have have had regular bouts of bleeding throughout.

The menopause clinic suggested it could either be caused by not being fully menopausal and my natural cycle kicking in,  or else my body interacting with the evorel. They said that some women struggle to find HRT that doesn't cause bleeding. I was advised to try provera and more recently a mirena which out of desperation is the path I'm going down.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone! The menopause clinic say bleeding is the most common complaint about HRT, they told me most of their referrals are for abnormal bleeding, but it seems difficult to find anyone on here with any similar experiences at all.

I found provera was like having a particularly bad bout of flu. I would be in bed with complete and total exhaustion from the second day until a few days after I've stopped taking it, plus depression and feeling hopeless, they got me to try it three times, I left work because of the sick leave due to provera, but I digress, the mirena only made my mood crash, there was no physical flooring, only provera does that to me.
I didn't like norethisterone much (in Evorel Conti), but it was better than those two ime.

Just make sure they'll take the mirena out if you want it out, ask the question of any doctors who you might later ask to remove it if it doesn't suit you. I removed my own, they refused at the two month time mark to even consider removing it before 3 months no matter what I said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version