General Discussion > New Members

Hello - newbie needing help with starting the patches

(1/1)

Rachbinlan:
Hi all,

I'm Rachel, my peri-meni journey started at age 36, but symptoms were manageable, that is until last year (I'm now 40).
My GP is now trialling me on the Evorel Sequi patches but I don't know when to start using them. My GP has given me advice that conflicts with patient info I've found online and my pharmacist just outright admitted they don't know.

I'm on the mini-pill (Desogestrel) and don't have periods as a result of this.
I'm trying to find out if in medical terms, is not having periods the same as not having a hormonal cycle? In which case I can just start using the patches anytime.
OR
Could I still be having a hormonal cycle, but just not menstruating? In which case I should come off the pill and wait for my periods to return before starting the patches.

I have trawled the internet for hours looking for answers, but I can't find anything that is specific to my situation. Has anybody else had this experience?

CLKD:
Hi!  the pharmacist needs to get advice for you!

How do you feel all month round?  Do U have cyclical symptoms even though U are on this drug?  I never lost my periods when taking The Pill  :-\.

:welcomemm: 

Taz2:
Hi Rachel. I have found an old thread on the subject of using Evorel while on the mini pill which may be helpful. I would start the patches at any point as you don't know whether you are still having a cycle of your own https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,44054.0.html
Welcome to our wonderful forum!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version