General Discussion > This 'n' That

Vet Fees

(1/1)

CLKD:
In the News today.  The man on TV states that the profession has the best interests of pets at heart, what else?  Also that unlike the NHS where treatment is 'free at the point of delivery'.  Well actually, not always  >:(

Of course, as with care home fees the client is paying 4 the Company.  Buying and maintaining the building; equipment; medicines etc.; staff pensions/wages.  Company cars.  I never queries our pets' fees as they seemed reasonable at the time.

So many Surgeries are now tied in with animal food companies or part of larger concerns which means less personal 'care'.  To be licenses as a Vet Practice 1 has to offer 24 hour care, however: some in my area move patients to other surgeries after operations etc., which I don't agree with.  Our Vet's have 24/7 nursing care, fortunately.

I believe that because so many clients have their pets covered by Insurance that the personal touch and opportunity 4 discussion has flown out the window!

I also remember my dog being given an AB injection even when I went along for advice  :-\.  [neurotic mother here].  When I discussed as an aside with her Vet about garlic and sunflower oil capsules, I was told that they may not be as good as what they could sell me!  Yeah. Right.  If it's good enough for humans it was OK for my dog.  Although when she bit into one her face was a picture  ;D.  Of course, it was my fault ......... garlic kept fleas off her and sunflower oil kept her coat soft.

One client was saying on the news that he was charged £20.00 for paracetamol for his pet!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version