Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Thick lining

(1/12) > >>

In pain:
I'm really looking for advice or similar conditions I started hrt 2 years ago and was put on different routines all the time. In September 23 I was told that I am now post menopause ( not gone 12 months without period) so not sure how I am ! So was put on continuous 2 pumps estrogel and 100mg utesteron In October had a bleed that lasted about 12 days. Was booked in for a vaginal scan and was told everything was fine except for a small cyst on right ovary but noting to worry about and rescan in 3 months to check if it had gone. So January this year had scan was told cyst had gone but lining was thick at 8mm was told probably just hrt needs adjusting.  Few days later read the notes that were sent to doctor and the lady who had scanned me said lining 8mm thick and irregular and can't rule  out fibroid or something more sinister. Well I am now having panick attacks can't eat can't sleep. Spoke to doctor about it and she said as long as I don't have a heavy bleed It is fine but now I've started spotting and have been for about 4 days. I  am now waiting for another tvs to see what's going on I am worried beyond belief. Has anyone had anything similar. Sorry pist us long.

Dotty:
Hi changing to a continuous regime can take 6 months to settle x

In pain:
Hi thankyou for replying
I spoke to a different doctor and she said because I have only been on since September she would send me for a tvs again but my previous doctor ( I seem to see a different one each time ) said if I bleed I will need to see gyne for a biopsy. I'm very confused and especially worried about the sinister part

Many thanks 😊

Penguin:
My understanding was that if you are still in peri then bleeding is likely to happen on a conti regime as your own cycle is still there in the background.

Plus, as Dotty says, you haven't even done the full six months yet, within which time bleeding may well happen. Can you go back and see the GP that suggested the TVS?

In pain:
Hi

Yeh I think I'm going to have to get in touch again as was told I would be fast tracked but still waiting.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version