Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Prawns and sharks  (Read 13529 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Prawns and sharks
« on: January 24, 2024, 04:21:52 PM »

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around the sea - one called Justin, the other Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks patrolling the area.

Finally Justine said to Christian, "I'm bored and frustrated at being a prawn.  I wish that I was a shark, then I wouldn't have to worry about being eaten"

Sudden a mysterious cod appeared: "your wish is granted" - lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified Christian immediately swam away afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time went on (as it invariably does) and Justin found himself becoming bored and lonely in his life as a shark.  All his old mates simply swam away, he didn't realise that his menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

Whilst out swimming alone one day he sees the mysterious cod again and figured that the fish should change him back into a prawn.  He begs the cod to change him back and lo and behold, he is turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail [the punch line does not involve a cocktail; it's much worse].

Looking around the gathering at the reef he searched for his old pal.  "Where's Christian?" he asked.

He was told that Christian 'is at home, distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark".  Eager to put things right and to end the mutual pain and torture, he swam off to Christian's house.  As he opened the coral gates memories came flooding back.

He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend".  Christian replied "No way man, you'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy and I'll not be tricked'.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Prawns and sharks
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 04:22:38 PM »

He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend".  Christian replied "No way man, you'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy and I'll not be tricked'.

Justin cried back: "No that's was the old me.  I've changed!!!!  I've found Cod.  I'm a prawn again, Christian".
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:40:15 PM by CLKD »

Songbird

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 07:41:31 PM »

:rofl:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 06:25:45 PM »

Very good.
 :rofl: