Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Gahhhh this Mirena spotting (still !)

(1/4) > >>

Nas:
Calling all Mirena users,
Mirena has been in best part of 10 weeks and I’m still spotting.
TMI sorry, but it’s dark and stringy and can resemble tar.
It’s driving me mad now .

If i have the coil removed, I’m back to bleeding monthly or at best, 3 weekly weekly with cramps and pmt.

It seems I can’t do without systemic HRT, due to VA and bladder issues.

Just to add, no amount of vagifem and ovestin deals with the VA.
It has to be systemic AND local Oestrogen.

What to do?    ::)

I’m 4 years post menopause for the record.

Gnatty:
Hi Nas, I have heard of people spotting for a year or more with Mirena before it finally settled down, so early days still. If you can put up with it and you are starting to feel well then you could carry on as you are. I had one and after ten months of spotting finally gave up and had it removed. But.., for me the spotting was causing anxiety and so it just wasn't worth the worry.

Nas:
Thanks Gnatty
Yes, it’s early days and better than the frequent bleeding prior to having it fitted. I’m not bothered about the spotting from a health clinic perspective; it’s just an annoyance really. Stop start spotting.

I’ve also chopped and changed HRT dose and type quite a bit over the last ten days, so it might even be that!

joziel:
Nas, give it till 6 months.

I haven't had a coil fitted but I have been on continuous progestin several times (levonorgestrel and desogestrel) and both times I got many months of slow dark spotting - really dark - before it finally stopped completely.

You're nearly halfway to 6 months, so give it longer...

Nas:
Thanks joziel, will try to give it the six months  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version