General Discussion > New Members

(1/2) > >>

Jolly:
Hello! Hope I'm posting in the right place! I have been struggling with brain fog, lack of energy and motivation.... feeling like I was going mad or generally just like my body was winding down. I was put on 50 strength estrogen as I have a Mirena. My boob soreness and weight gain was yn managable so I stopped then tried 25 which was fine but didn't relieve all symptoms. My Dr said to double the patches to 50, and at tge same time Elvorel my normal patches were out of stock so I was given Estraderm. After about 6 weeks my symptoms have improved BUT I have had to stop patches because of a terrible skin reaction on my arms and thighs. Weirdly not where I put the patches but really itchy hives on my thighs and behind my knees. Could be unrealated but I'm pretty sure it's when I switched brand and doubled up that I notices ****ling itchy skin on my arms that has gradually got worse. So what now when I call the GP in Mon? Back to old patches, meno dot, try oral or gel? I feel like I am back to square one and know I will struggle if my estrogen levels drop again but last night I couldn't sleep fr the itching so have gone cold turkey. Any advice or similar experience would be v welcome. Xxx

CLKD:
OUCH! 

As oestrogen levels drop off the skin may become dry: inside and out.  As well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Hopefully someone will be along with advice. 

Flossieteacake:

--- Quote from: Jolly on August 06, 2022, 01:47:18 PM ---Hello! Hope I'm posting in the right place! I have been struggling with brain fog, lack of energy and motivation.... feeling like I was going mad or generally just like my body was winding down. I was put on 50 strength estrogen as I have a Mirena. My boob soreness and weight gain was yn managable so I stopped then tried 25 which was fine but didn't relieve all symptoms. My Dr said to double the patches to 50, and at tge same time Elvorel my normal patches were out of stock so I was given Estraderm. After about 6 weeks my symptoms have improved BUT I have had to stop patches because of a terrible skin reaction on my arms and thighs. Weirdly not where I put the patches but really itchy hives on my thighs and behind my knees. Could be unrealated but I'm pretty sure it's when I switched brand and doubled up that I notices ****ling itchy skin on my arms that has gradually got worse. So what now when I call the GP in Mon? Back to old patches, meno dot, try oral or gel? I feel like I am back to square one and know I will struggle if my estrogen levels drop again but last night I couldn't sleep fr the itching so have gone cold turkey. Any advice or similar experience would be v welcome. Xxx

--- End quote ---

Hello Jolly. Welcome to the forum. ( I like your username by the way). How horrible to have the hives you describe. It does sound like you may have had a reaction to the different brand patches. It is frustrating that so many HRT medications are out of stock now. Did you have the skin reaction for the whole 6 weeks because if not it could be something else.

Could you be allergic to something? I was wondering if you had been outside near grass or similar as I get hives from grass.

Jolly:
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have been itchy pretty much the whole time but it got way worse. We are on holiday in Suffolk so was wondering if something triggered it here but we come every year and I can't think anything is different or using anything different. My Dr thinks the itching is causd by my body getting used to the new dose and it should subside in a couple of weeks but I'm not sure I can cope with it. I do remember similar itching on my arms and legs when my first Mirena was put in, so maybe it's just how I react to hormones. I'm going to ask for Estrodot and see if that is any better. I'll try again when I am home on Friday and can rule out any reaction to something here. It definitely helps other symptoms. Xxx

CLKD:
Is the itching spoiling your holiday  :-\ ? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version