Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Psychological symptoms in menopause

(1/4) > >>

KarineT:
Hello Everyone,

I found this link:

https://www.livi.co.uk/your-health/lets-talk-about-menopause-and-mental-health/

Apparently the body evetually gets used to a new level of hormones. I would like to think that it's correct but from what I've read on this forum, it makes me doubtful.

What do you think.

Kate57:
Hello Karine,
I think that I have been post menopause for about 10/11 years, my last period was the summer of 2009.
I've had most of the menopause problems now including the anxiety, and just recently the VA.
The anxiety has calmed...I can say that the woman I was in 2009 is not the woman I am today.
For the better?
On the whole, I would say so...
I suppose that's why they call it the 'change'.

KarineT:
Thanks both of you for your replies.

I will be 3 years postmeno in January 2023 and I'm just hoping that my anxiety and low mood won't get worse. That's my worry and I think about it regularly..

Karine

jorainbow:
It's difficult but try not to think about it regularly. I found through the years the more I focused on anxiety feelings the more it was present. What helped me was accepting and eventually it faded into the background. Anxious emotions do still pop up as does low mood but that's ok

Kathleen:
Hello ladies.

The psychological symptoms of the menopause are my main problem and have been for sometime.
I have been told by various medics that they do resolve eventually and I know women who have had the same experiences and have come out the other side. All this means that there is hope but of course it is hard to believe that when on yet another roller-coaster ride!

Sending hugs to everyone dealing with this issue.

Take care everyone.

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version