General Discussion > New Members

Hi everyone! New and desperate member

<< < (2/2)

0132sarah:
oh this has made me chuckle!! my daughter is going through a phase of the emo/goth trend!

She had already admitted to me a year ago that she doesn't like boys, bless, she was sat twiddling her thumbs anxious of how I would react to her liking girls. I gave her. a huge hug and said it is absolutely fine. I believe this has helped her to be more open with me, accepting who she is as an individual.

I have allowed her to dye her hair through the holidays, she wears black nail polish. I think it is important for teens to explore their self identity. I remember doing the same and remember how I felt, although I developed this later than my daughter. her fashion is very goth, yet has always been trousers which was a relief I admit. however she is now asking t wear skirts, which naturally is fine, its the style, length and lace detail etc which is where we have compromised.

We chat frequently about school, I welcome her friends round. my daughter used to always have hobbies. She got to a point of not enjoying them anymore, however she is very talented with musical instruments. She's mastered Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody! This is her current favourite hobby.
she has mentioned quite a few teens at school vape to look cool, she thinks its gross. I have shown her images of how vapes can damage lungs. I will say I am relieved my daughter does talk quite openly. she has asked if she can try alcohol, I have said I will think about it. if I even agreed, it would have to be for special occasions, ie Christmas etc. I am aware I need to compromise. she can have her moments of tantrum, but later once she has calmed down and thought about everything I say she comes and apologises. teens become curious and want to fit in somewhere in this world.
my daughter had problems with some boys in her form, and she came to me immediately. I am very relieved that she knows I am there for her and will always support her.

As for myself I have found drinking miso broth helps, I have the odd cup of it, full of B6, probiotics and oestrogen. I think I am feeling impatient, waiting for the gel to be at full effect. ive hd moments I want to burst into tears, im not really much one for crying though. the anxiety is the hard part, my nervous system plays up and van be very sensitive to the point I can physically feel my whole nervous system flaring up.

Menu for tonight is steak! carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn. oven roasted baby potatoes and peppercorn sauce. yes its that time of the month for my daughter! shes gone out to meet her friends, they listen to music together and chill. she going to the health food shop to buy a bag of seaweed for us to share, she will more than likely have a boba tea, its a Korean style tea, seems to be a trend at the moment.

I would love someone to cook a delicious meal for me! however there wouldn't be any chance of sharing a bed hahaha! I have been single for some time and I couldn't imagine being in a relationship now. I would opt to return to my studies any day, I miss it dearly. I was doing my Masters before I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue, I would like to think it is something I can return to when my daughter is a little older and I hopefully start feeling better. xx

CLKD:
U seem to have a good hand on it all.

Goths .......... she'll be wanting to visit Whitby next year ;-).  Skirts: I can't bear the thought especially with tights LOL.  Lace - now that can be draped in layers to various levels.  Especially vintique lace, in various shades of grey/black/maroon. 

Vaping is certainly dangerous despite what the government would lead us to believe.  Possibly a good idea to encourage people to swap from cigarettes but it became another fashion statement.  So little research done on long-term effects. 

Alcohol - the French begin their children with diluted good quality alcohol at the evening table from a very young age.  Everyone eats together and the same things.  As the children grow they get to taste other alcohol ........ I was allowed sherry, port and wine from about the age of 9 at home.  Not impressed, sorry Dad.  Even the hi-end wines from the big Chateux doesn't do it for me and keep the Champagne  ;D.  Any1 remember babycham?

Why would a 12 year old even look at boys.  Boys are oh so childish ;-).  I remember girls sticking to our side of the playground ........ boys only came in when the girls had a fight!

Could you do your Masters via Open University as you go along?  Pacing oneself with a fatigue issue can be difficult, feeling well 1 can soon 'over do it'! 

Let us know how you get on.

jillydoll:
My trend at that age was punk.  ;D
I walked around thinking I was a great punk rocker. 🦹🏼‍♀️
My Dad wouldn’t let me dye my hair, ( very blonde) but I did it anyway, turned out bright red, instead of auburn. He wasn’t happy to say the least.  ;D I, on the other hand, loved it!  ;D

See, you had a chuckle. 👍
Go into the This n That thread. That’ll make you laugh, sometimes anyway.  ;D

CLKD:
We have a funny room too  ;D any contributions welcome.  I went through it earlier ......... we talk about menopause too  ;)

I had long hair either in one plait or two at school, when I went to College I put it up into 'bunches' tied with bright wool  ;D.  Wonder what happened to that wool, I certainly wouldn't have knitted with it  :D

I was raised on Classical Music - then someone introduced me to Folk which took DH and I around England  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version