Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??

(1/21) > >>

Ruth Emery:
Hello I am a new member today and desperate for some advice about what I think could be vaginal atrophy!?
I am on HRT patches and progesterone tablets also taking Estradiol vaginally X3 a week but really struggling with burning symptoms and needing to urinate all of the time! It's got so tiring and don't know what to do currently. I'm trying VM moisturiser last 2 days but not relieved it..any help would be amazing at this point!

Flossieteacake:
Hello Ruth. Welcome to the forum. I understand the pain of vaginal atrophy and your symptoms are classic of it. I would use the Estradiol daily. Do you also apply a little on the outer area? You can mix it with the Yes VM and apply to the outer area. Vaginal atrophy treatment can take time to work. There are lots of threads on here about vaginal atrophy. There is an ongoing thread I will link for you in case you would like to browse it.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

CLKD:
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaginal atrophy.  Not  >:(

Don't despair.  Use what you have been prescribed nightly for at least 2-3 weeks.  I would put a treatment up there now and another when you get into bed.  Then every night. 

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ruth Emery:
Thankyou so much for your reply..the Estradiol is a tablet but I do have some estriol cream that I used to use..do you mean this? I will check out the other post you have kindly attached 😊

Ruth Emery:

--- Quote from: CLKD on August 04, 2022, 04:33:40 PM ---Welcome to the wonderful world of vaginal atrophy.  Not  >:(

Don't despair.  Use what you have been prescribed nightly for at least 2-3 weeks.  I would put a treatment up there now and another when you get into bed.  Then every night. 

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops. 

Let us know how you get on.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks.. when you say a treatment do you mean the VM moisturiser?? I've used at this morning and then this afternoon already out of desperation 😳
Any idea on how long this takes to settle?
Many thanks 😊

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version