Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??  (Read 16170 times)

Ruth Emery

Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??
« on: August 04, 2022, 04:07:56 PM »

Hello I am a new member today and desperate for some advice about what I think could be vaginal atrophy!?
I am on HRT patches and progesterone tablets also taking Estradiol vaginally X3 a week but really struggling with burning symptoms and needing to urinate all of the time! It's got so tiring and don't know what to do currently. I'm trying VM moisturiser last 2 days but not relieved it..any help would be amazing at this point!

Flossieteacake

Re: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 04:17:15 PM »

Hello Ruth. Welcome to the forum. I understand the pain of vaginal atrophy and your symptoms are classic of it. I would use the Estradiol daily. Do you also apply a little on the outer area? You can mix it with the Yes VM and apply to the outer area. Vaginal atrophy treatment can take time to work. There are lots of threads on here about vaginal atrophy. There is an ongoing thread I will link for you in case you would like to browse it.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 04:33:40 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaginal atrophy.  Not  >:(

Don't despair.  Use what you have been prescribed nightly for at least 2-3 weeks.  I would put a treatment up there now and another when you get into bed.  Then every night. 

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ruth Emery

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »

Thankyou so much for your reply..the Estradiol is a tablet but I do have some estriol cream that I used to use..do you mean this? I will check out the other post you have kindly attached 😊

Ruth Emery

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 04:37:32 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaginal atrophy.  Not  >:(

Don't despair.  Use what you have been prescribed nightly for at least 2-3 weeks.  I would put a treatment up there now and another when you get into bed.  Then every night. 

When I get the need2P symptoms I take 2 'nurofen' capsules 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow stops. 

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks.. when you say a treatment do you mean the VM moisturiser?? I've used at this morning and then this afternoon already out of desperation 😳
Any idea on how long this takes to settle?
Many thanks 😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 04:39:12 PM »

Thankyou so much for your reply..the Estradiol is a tablet but I do have some estriol cream that I used to use..do you mean this? I will check out the other post you have kindly attached 😊

As it is a tablet I would use it daily. It is good you have some cream too and this is what you can use on the outer area.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 04:43:13 PM »

Agree with Flossieteacake's advice:  Estradiol is the main treatment for vaginal atrophy, inserted as far into the vagina as is comfortable to soften the area.  Moisturisers are helpful for the outer labial regions, they don't however improve the loss of oestrogen.

OK so you've put a VA Moisturiser treatment up this afternoon, so use the Estradiol around 8.00 p.m. Plus pain relief now to ease the need2P feelings.

VA can settle within a week or may take a few more.  It depends on how the vaginal tissues accept the preparation prescribed: I use 'ovestin' which is delivered by applicator rather than a pessary.  It worked with 10 days when I began a few years ago, now I can monitor how many nights the vagina needs it - this treatment is forever.

Caused by a loss of oestrogen as we age, it can affect the body: inside and out; skin, vagina, eyes, deep in the ears, back of the throat.  As well as the muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Ruth Emery

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 06:24:39 PM »

Oh what joy we all face with this! I'm physically knackered with this all the time but feel so much better now I know there might be a bit of hope!
Thankyou so much for all the replies 😊 very much appreciated,I will keep you posted 👍🏻

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 06:32:08 PM »

Don't despair this can be sorted  ;)

Ruth Emery

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 07:49:18 PM »

I certainly can't cope with many more days like this!! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🙏🏼

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »

Oh what joy we all face with this! I'm physically knackered with this all the time but feel so much better now I know there might be a bit of hope!
Thankyou so much for all the replies 😊 very much appreciated,I will keep you posted 👍🏻

The constant trips to the loo is really draining. I do not know how you feel about this but I have totally given up caffeine in an attempt to reduce the loo trips as caffeine can stimulate the bladder. I felt like I had flu for about 10 days until it was out my system so it is a bit extreme.

Ruth Emery

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 08:07:10 PM »

I only tend to have a cup of tea a day and 1 coffee and atm would definitely try anything!!

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »

Hi Ruth. Welcome. Have you had your urine tested for any infection? As we get older there is often no cystitis type pain but the discomfort you mention, especially the urgency, is common.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »

If that's all you drink Ruth Emery no wonder you are into the loo constantly, your kidneys will be working overtime  :-\

joziel

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 01:30:26 PM »

I use Yes VM morning and evening internally. And Yes OB or Olive and Bee mornings. I prefer water-based internally and oil-based externally.

Then I use Vagifem - I've been using 2x weekly but I'm going to have to increase to every other day now. (If your doctor won't prescribe for more than 2x weekly, know that from Sept you can get it without a prescription from a pharmacy - including online pharmacies...).

And I use Ovestin every other day externally.

By the way, a lot of women also like the Balance Activ pessaries which are hyaluronic acid and non-prescription. I did some googling and there is actually some research which found that hyaluronic acid is as effective as estrogen for VA. So I've got some of those on order to try now  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7