General Discussion > New Members

New Member lost in the battle of HRT, weight gain and all things Peri

(1/3) > >>

SuzieQ:
Hello ALL

I finally admitted defeat and took steps with the GP to starting introducing HRT into my life.  However, I feel worse than ever which was not what I was expecting. 

I am 5ft 4inchs, 13 stone in weight.  I exercise daily, usually a Spin class or some other high impact cardio. On average I do about 10 hours a week of exercise how ever the bloating and weight gain is insane, especially round my middle to the point its really uncomfortable and can't bend over.  Its got to the point that I've reduced calorie intake to approx. 1000 just to see if that makes a difference as my APP claims that I burn 2000+ calories a day.

Its hard enough dealing with the emotions of the Perimenopause but this is a new low for me and I'm really struggling.  I feel that I'm working so hard on my well being but not getting the benefit and its making me feel worse.

Pre-peri if I did exercise to the level that I am and reducing the calorie intake i'd be stick thin. 

I've booked a follow up with my GP but thats 3 week away.

I could really do with some guidance, support, experiences to help me along the way.

I have 3 prescriptions:-

Evorel 50 (every few days its replaced)
Vagifem 10 (twice a week)
Utrogestan 100 (once a night for 12 days every month)

x

Flossieteacake:
Hello SuzieQ. Welcome to the forum. It could be you are not on a HRT that suits you. It may help to say which one you are taking as other members can make suggestions. Just to say, it can take time to find the right one so please do not worry.

SuzieQ:
I have 3 prescriptions:-

Evorel 50 (every few days its replaced)
Vagifem 10 (twice a week)
Utrogestan 100 (once a night for 12 days every month)

ATB:
Hi! Sorry to hear you don’t feel well. Yes it could be you’re not on the right HRT for you, maybe tell us a bit more about that?
In my experience of years of dedicated exercise and perimenopause and other hormone issues, my personal advice, I would cut the cardio for now and add in weight training and/or yoga. I would also not cut calories that much, you’re just creating future problems and metabolism issues plus it won’t work. Eat a good healthy normal diet. You need good food to exercise properly. Eat little and often. Are you on testosterone? Had it tested?

Flossieteacake:
How long have you been taking HRT for? Have they helped any symptoms at all? I understand how distressing weight gain is. I know what you mean by it being had enough dealing with the emotional side of perimenopause. You will find lots of support on here. The members are very supportive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version