Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Post menopause issues

(1/17) > >>

AlfieBo:
 :'( hi ladies I've been reading your posts lately for help of ideas. Bit of long story. I'm 62 and last period was around 9 years ago. Had usual hot flushes but nothing major. About 4 years in started with bit of dryness with sex and was going to start treatment when husband was killed in traumatic accident. I was put on antidepressants and menopause went on back burner. Now suddenly at 62 I started with a discharge and itchiness.  I'm not sexually active. Had swabs taken and pain was horrendous. Ive had smear in 2019 and that wasn't as bad. Swabs negative but trace of blood on urine dipstick no infection. I was given canestan which helped a little. Have been given estriol cream but not started yet. I have been told I have perineum atrophy I feel as if I'm going through menopause again hot sweats weepy etc. Is it possible for symptoms to come back. I don't know if this atrophy has just got so bad that I've just started feeling it. I think it could be genitourinary menopause syndrome as also lose bit of wee if sneezing ect with full bladder. Sitting is sore. Feeling so alone with this and think I'm going mad.

CLKD:
Not going mad!  U have had a lot of stress and grief to deal with.  Often hormones can be upset when grieving, in that periods stop completely then begin as the years go by.  It may be that your ovaries shut down for a while and have now begun to reactivate = symptoms. 

Start the vaginal atrophy treatment.  One dose this afternoon and another at night.  Then every night for at least 2 weeks.  I use 'ovestin', which have you got ?  'vagifem' is also useful, some find that they require that as well as ovestin on the outer labia or a moisturiser such as 'yes' or 'sylc'.  I find that KY Jelly is enough for me.

When I get the need2P niggles I swallow two Nurofen tablets every 3 hours.  That ease the nip as the spincter shuts off the urine flow.

:bighug:  ........ CRUSE can be useful if you need to talk about your husband's sudden death, or MIND charity - they helped me when a friend died suddenly. 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful to chart progress.

AlfieBo:
Hi we had just become grandparents for first time so had to support new baby and depressed daughter at the time then have lost 5 other close family members and friend in short period of time as well
I did wonder if I'd suddenly had a huge dip in estrogen as that what it feels like as if the reserves in my tank had just gone.
Gp has prescribed estriol cream 0.01%. Every night for 2 to 3 weeks then x 2 weekly. I'm due to go to London next week so hesitant to start this as need to wash out applicator but feel so unwell.

CLKD:
Get it up there Girl ;-).  If necessary take a separate sponge bag with a thin brush to use privately.  Warm soapy water and air dry should do it.  Whoops cat jumped through window wanting his food, be back shortly  ::)

CLKD:
Back now.  He's not even our cat  ::)

Be kind to yourself! What support is DD and GS getting now? 

You will find that vaginal symptoms ease once you get the treatment started.  It won't improve without. 

I haven't been to London for over 25 years ........  :-\ don't know whether to say enjoy yourself  ::)

Each box of ovestin has an applicator ........... I could do a good black market trade ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version