Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

New here and desperate

(1/2) > >>

Camjo06:
Hey everyone,
New to the site, been looking through topic discussions but finally built up the courage to get involved.
I’m 43 and my periods have become very erratic (between 14 and 30 day cycle). Very short but heavy.
I’m generally feeling rotten, low mood, anxiety, cramps most of the month, achy tired legs, lower back ache and the constant feeling that I have a UTI (each dip test detects blood but no infection)
I’ve felt like this on and off for over a year, I had bloods & scans last year but all okay, my GP is taking bloods again and sending me for a bladder scan but refuses to check my hormone levels until I’ve missed 6 periods.
Does anyone else have symptoms similar to mine and know it’s due to being peri? Thanks so much ☺️

CLKD:
Your GP is being negligent if a dip stick test doesn't show enough evidence for a sample to be sent for testing in a Lab.!

:welcomemm:  Whilst ABs will ease symptoms vaginal atrophy will return once the course is finished.  VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well.  Appropriate treatment will really help, either 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' cream; inserted into the vagina to replace oestrogen lost.  Some ladies require both: vagifem internally with ovestin around the outer labia.  When I get the need2P I swallow 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease that nope as the urine flow stops.

I would ring this afternoon to ask for 'vagifem' - you don't need an exam., symptoms of repeated 'urine infections' should be enough. 

Blood tests won't solve much, they are reliably unrelaiable  ::). 

As oestrogen levels drop the skin may become dry: inside and out as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  I suppose that your GP may have muttered that "you are too young" to be in peri .?

Browse round.  Make notes. Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  If you don't get support from your GP in the next 2-3 weeks the ask for a referral to a dedicated Menopause Clinic - not a gynae ;-).

Camjo06:
Thanks so much for responding.
Sorry, I should have been clear that quite a few of my urine samples have been sent to the lab and no infection was found but every time they check a sample there are traces of blood found.
Thank you for the advice, I’ll definitely look into all you’ve suggested!

Flossieteacake:
Hello Camjo06. Welcome to the forum. CLKD has given you great advise but I just wanted to welcome you. :)

Marchlove:
Welcome Camjo,

Sounds like peri symptoms. If your Gp won’t prescribe hrt you might have to change doctor. X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version