Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Never ending period....  (Read 1069 times)

staticgirl

Never ending period....
« on: July 30, 2022, 01:42:52 PM »

Hello

Just wanted to ask your advice. I started HRT in February after hot flushes, very irregular periods and insomnia. It's been going pretty well. I went from Evorel Sequential patches to Evorel50mg oestrogen only and utrogestan100 pills after a slight allergy to the first sequential patches. I stopped having the hot flushes almost immediately and the sleeping improved after a bit of CBT too.

I didn't have a proper period after December but a little spotting. However, 3 weeks ago I stated a period. It was heavy for one or two days, then medium for a few more. Then a day off then continued (light flow) then a day off then continued very light/spotting. It's only a dribble now and the drips are in the afternoon after I have done my lunchtime exercise of a gentle walk. It's not really bothering me although I am ordering some period pants as I am fed up of wearing sanitary towels. I am really hoping my body will annoy me by stopping just before they arrive :)

I am wondering whether I should contact my doctor? I know that bleeding is very common but perhaps the dose needs changing? I should be coming up for my 6 month review in a few weeks so could wait until then perhaps?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Never ending period....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 03:31:55 PM »

Nuisance aint' it!  It could be your cycle over riding the HRT.  How were your periods B4 you began treatment?

You could put the products names into the search box on the Forum.  Make notes.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:31:13 PM »

If you're not meno (1 year without a bleed) you should be on a sequi regime so have a bleed every month. I think it's likely your lining has built up and is now shedding. You can use the utro you have on a sequi regime, it's 12 days x 200mg (days 15-26). .

staticgirl

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 01:48:49 PM »

My periods were unpredictable before meno - I could never predict when they were going to happen. I also had a month long period back in 2016 after an operation (long before I was showing signs of peri-menopause) as well so it has happened before when my body was stressed.

I do take the Utrogestan as sequi for 12 days a month but it didn't give me a bleed every month until now. I did wonder if it was just all that built up lining being drained.

I think I shall be patient and see if it continues for a while longer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:50:45 PM by staticgirl »

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 11:21:25 PM »

Oh, I think I assumed conti as you said 100mg utro, the usual dose for sequi is 200mg. If you're worried or have continuing problems I would see your gp and ask for a scan, it's possible it's caused by fibroids or polyps or perhaps the utro isn't sufficient and the lining has built up.