General Discussion > New Members

Weight gain and tiredness

(1/1)

Paula.yeo:
Hi there, I am new to the forum. I am 48.  Not sure where I am on my menopause journey. 5 years ago I was put on HRT as I had started having symptoms and my doctor said I was peri menopausal. 3 years ago I had to be taken off of the HRT and had an ablation due to severe and constant bleeding.  Since then I have obviously not had any periods. I do however have every symptom of menopause. I can’t be prescribed HRT again. I have tried various herbal remedies but nothing helps. My main concern right now is the amount of weight I have piled on, this is all on my middle and at 5ft5 I now look like a barrel. I admit my diet is not great but I have always been able to keep my weight in check. What diets/ exercise work best for menopausal women? Any help advice is greatly appreciated. Xx

CLKD:
If you have your ovaries, why no bleeds since the ablation  :-\.   Were you checked for aneamia at that time?

When did you last have a full blood count to include VitD levels and thyroid function?  Menopause isn't always the reason for tiredness. 

Who suggested that you are unable to use HRT, especially as herbal remedies don't work.  They would be offered on the NHS if there was sufficient evidence that they could be helpful long term.  Some find relief until their hormones begin to wax and wane.

Have you put on weight or is it that like me, you look fatter?  My apron dropped so when standing and looking downwards I appear podgy  >:( laying on the bed however  ::)

MayB write your diet down, food, snacks, liquid input (including soups, drinks).  Keep a diary of symptoms/mood/diet too.  Gives something to work with ;-)

Let us know how you get on.  Browse round.

Cruicky69:
Hi there, I’ve been researching and it appears that fennel is extremely beneficial in weight loss and bloating.  I haven’t tried it yet but going to buy fennel seeds and chew a few a day to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version