Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Heat Exhaustion

(1/4) > >>

JoJo42:
Just wondered if anyone knows anything about heat exhaustion? I woke up in the middle of the night on last Tuesday’s heatwave shivering and shaking, all my joints ached and my skin felt sore (not sunburn because I stayed home all day with the air coolers on). I got up and came downstairs and then started to feel hotter and hotter. I went outside to cool down in the early morning cool breeze when I started to sweat profusely, feeling dizzy and nauseous and then was sick a few times. Gradually, I started to feel better over the course of the day , drank plenty and my temperature settled, sickness went away and no more joint pains or tender skin (like flu). I felt better after a day or two and things went back to normal and just out it all down to the heat and the weather as I don’t cope well with summer anyway. Anyway, last night I woke in the night with the same shivering, shaking, joint pain, sore skin, fluey-feeling fever! Very weird. I came downstairs, had a drink and checked my temp which was 37.8 after I’d cooled down a bit. I haven’t been sick/faint/dizzy like last time, but I do feel a bit rough still. Had two paracetemol and my temp is ok. Had some breakfast and been to the toilet ok, no issues. Could this still be after-effects of heat exhaustion? My husband says it’s obviously something else, but it just seems odd that the first bout of illness was on the hottest day of the year and our bedroom was stifling. Anyone have any experience of this kind of thing, or know if heat exhaustion can last for  a while/ come back days later? I’m befuddled.

Dierdre:
Sounds more like a virus to me. Did you do a test for Covid?

JoJo42:
Hi, Deirdre

I checked that and the test was negative. I wonder what it could be?

ElkWarning:
I've had heatstroke, and yeah, the first instance sounds spot on for that ... Mine didn't come back though, and I remained in the hot country so was still exposed to the heat.  I'd ask your doc for a full blood work up to check kidney and liver function.  They could've been put under a bit of strain and still be in recovery.

CLKD:
Heat exhaustion needs checking immediately B4 the sufferer becomes incoherent.  It may be a reaction to a hot flush, waking suddenly, being very hot followed by very cold.  What you describe is me in a panic attack  :'(

How do you feel today?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version