Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

How do you travel with Tostran gel?

(1/1)

Jellyb:
Hi,
I'm planning a flight abroad, with just hand luggage.  How do you ladies travel with your Tostran gel?
The pump canister it comes in just says 60g on the side.  I know liquids is 100ml per item, so would taking the whole canister be ok in the clear bag for liquids?  Or do I need to decant my weekly supply into other recepticles?
Any advice greatfully received.
Thanks.

Dotty:
Hi medication doesn’t come into the 100ml category. All medications can be taken in hand luggage.

Jellyb:
Thanks Dotty.
As it's a gel, would it still need to be placed in the clear plastic bag, or can it remain in my handbag?

Dotty:
I’m not sure…..different airports seem to accept different things x

Stow Helen:
Hi Jellyb

I wanted to ask how you managed when you travelled with your Tostran last year. I'm in the same situation this year: taking a long haul flight in July with just hand luggage (small suitcase and a smaller rucksack). I know the size of the canister is ok as is small enough, and could just be placed into the clear bag with my other fluids. But wondering if they allowed you to take the canister into the cabin, as I'm thinking is it an aerosol (is it?!), and aerosols are only allowed in the hold aren't they? Wondering if to decant as much as I need into a small pot, but then I would worry that they would need to see the original packaging to see what it is.

Also I know testosterone is a 'controlled substance', so am wondering if you got any grief generally. Did you alert the customs staff to the fact that you were carrying it? Would love to know what you did last year?! Am I getting myself into a state about nothing? :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version