Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to site  (Read 865 times)

MommaJ

• First Flush
New to site
« on: July 11, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »

Hello everyone
This is the second time I have believed I was menopausal the first now 11 years ago turned out to my beautiful daughter after being told I would not conceive naturally
I’m now 47 have not had a period in 5 years thanks to the mirena coil but now experiencing  hot flushes dizziness sleepless nights to name a few symptoms- my dr thinks I’m heading into menopause next steps for me will be blood tests which will hopefully shed some light but he’s asked me to go away and consider hormonal or non hormonal treatments and decide which route I want to go ! Would love to have some real feedback of other people experiences of either treatments rather than the literature available
Thanks for reading  x

Flossieteacake

Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 07:23:46 PM »

Hello MommaJ and welcome to the forum.  Your symptoms could be menopause. As you are already on the mirena you could try a low dose oestogen patch and see how you find it.  You will find lots of support here. I have found it helpful to browse around too.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 08:43:08 AM »

Morning.  Browse round, make notes.  Welcome to our world ;-).

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Let us know how you get on.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 07:17:29 AM »

Welcome, the oestrogel is also great you could prob start with 2 pumps and see if it relieves your symptoms.

MommaJ

• First Flush
Re: New to site / update to results
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 09:17:40 AM »

Firstly Thank  you all for this site and kind words to my original post was feeling ok about my body’s next phase but did wonder if I was in a little bit of denial.

Update on bloods
I’m peri menopausal wasn’t sure how I would feel about that I was saying prior to results it’s the next stage of my life it’s all ok and I’m happy and as it turns out I am ok having heard lots of stories of women not wanting to accept their bodies are calling it a day I was worried I was in that camp and as I said previously in denial about it all

So im now on the Estradot patches my coil  needs replacing before November to avoid the tablets too.

Wasn’t sure what to expect post patch how quick it would turn around the hot flushes and dizzy moments but would seem quickly and also managing to cope with the sudden mood swings so hubby is also feeling happy ( he used the words safe so feeling shocked was I really that bad!!)

Wondering what else I need to consider to maintain my health my poor male dr did seem to be nervous even telling me I was peri menopausal and I did take pity on him with the list of questions

Thank you again for reading this sorry I hadn’t meant to write war and peace
X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 09:30:10 AM »

Feel free to write as much you like. We are all here to offer support. It is really good to hear you have already seen improvements after starting the Esradot patch.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 01:15:22 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  Any experiences shared are welcome.