Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Tinnitus

(1/11) > >>

groundhog:
Hi ladies,
Haven’t posted in a good while but I do pop in occasionally.
My health continues to be a rollercoaster but the latest thing to join the party is tinnitus and hearing loss. It started after my catastrophic surgical outcome and has been annoying but nothing more.  In recent months however the tinnitus has got worse and is now very distressing.  Wondering if any one else has it and is it just a case if putting up and shutting up 🙈🙈
Got so many other things going on, the stress bucket is full to overflowing and this is really upsetting xx

Katejo:

--- Quote from: groundhog on July 09, 2022, 07:42:16 PM ---Hi ladies,
Haven’t posted in a good while but I do pop in occasionally.
My health continues to be a rollercoaster but the latest thing to join the party is tinnitus and hearing loss. It started after my catastrophic surgical outcome and has been annoying but nothing more.  In recent months however the tinnitus has got worse and is now very distressing.  Wondering if any one else has it and is it just a case if putting up and shutting up 🙈🙈
Got so many other things going on, the stress bucket is full to overflowing and this is really upsetting xx

--- End quote ---
  I have it at the moment. It has been ongoing for 3 weeks. I thought I had an ear infection (based on previous experience) but antibiotics haven't helped. Part of my cause is muscle tension at the top of my back on the left but that isn't the whole story. My hearing is definitely impaired slightly on the left.  At the moment I am taking ear drops for a fungal infection but I am not sure whether they are working or not. A swab taken by the GP found nothing wrong.

groundhog:
Thank you Katejo , it’s horrible isn’t it and one extra thing to deal with.
Mine came on a few years ago but this week is much worse .

Thank you for reply x

Dierdre:
My tinitus was a left over from Covid first time round, suffered upper respiratory, nose, ears etc. Used white noise at night, rain on the roof of a caravan was my favourite to get to sleep. 2 years later don't notice it anymore, just got used to it I guess.
I've read stress can make it worse.

sheila99:
I've had it for about 30 years following an ear infection. In that time the tinnitus hasn't got any better or worse but I do have some loss of hearing in that ear that is only going to get worse. I find it much less intrusive with the passage of time. I only really find it irritating now when I'm trying to listen to something quiet and it's drowned out by the noise of the tinnitus. In the early days mine was accompanied by loss of balance and severe vomiting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version