Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 244

Author Topic: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?  (Read 607397 times)

Louise44

Re: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »

it's brilliant. OH and I are hooked on American tv dramas - especially HBO ones. Buy the boxsets and watch them again and again.
Bixby x

We are too, we have stayed until 3 and 4 in the morning when watching a box set, addictive but fun, especially 24 very dangerous, lol

Cazikins

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »

OH and I are hooked on American tv dramas - especially HBO ones. Buy the boxsets and watch them again and again.
Bixby x

The best HBO (in my opinion) was the Sopranos. We have the first series on boxset & the rest on tape.

A friend of ours has the whole 5 series on DVD, so may need to borrow them soon.

I so miss Tony & Bada Bing.

Bette

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:38 AM »

We've just watched the entire thing again - for the THIRD time! Got them all on DVD and doesn't seem expensive considering we're bound to watch them again in a few years time!

Taz2

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »

Umm errrr what's an HBO?

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 10:05:30 AM »

It's an American TV station which makes lots of great dramas. It's a bit more ground-breaking than most of american TV - actually has sex and swearing! - think it's a channel people have to pay for out there but we get quite a lot of their stuff on tv here. We buy the dvds so we can watch it when we want (and repeatedly!)
Bixby x

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »

Thanks Bixby - I don't watch much telly. OH loved the Sopranos and has watched it again and again and is also addicted to The Wire. Eldest son has an American girlfriend so I really should have known what HBO was! I find it impossible to watch anything twice - much the same as reading a book twice. I am working on this - trying to be more "at home" instead of always wanted to be out!

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »

The Wire was one of our favs too.
We wait a few years before watching something again - it's surprising how much you forget and also little things you notice on a second watching that you missed the 1st time around.
Bixby x

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »

I seem to be unable to just stay in and watch anything nowadays. It is causing problems with OH - who I don't actually live with - as unless we are going out I am not "settled". Anything which means I have to sit still for long is a problem - it's like I'm wasting time... which is why I hate sleeping too. Maybe I should start a new topic  ;D ;D

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »

I'm the opposite since peri hit.
Used to always be "doing" - not good at relaxing although OH always has been. Now I rest a lot more and have learned to stop feeling guilty about it. When I was really bad, pre-HRT, I could hardly move so I'm just grateful to be doing what I'm doing and learning to accept that I need to lay around some of the time.
Bixby x

Cazikins

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 12:50:20 AM »

Have any of you seen Nurse Jackie?

viv

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »

I cant sit still long enough to watch a movie. I am up and down like a yo yo.I think that's why I like the TV dramas best. They don't last too long and they have breaks where I can pop off and do something else. I have been watching Robson Greens Extreme Fishing for no other reason than I like him. ::)  Anyone else seen it?

Viv

Bette

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »

Yes Cazikins - really enjoyed Nurse Jackie - last episode recorded, not watched it yet.
Bixby x

Carla

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

My husband loves The Wire, I bought him the complete boxed set for Christmas.  Not my cup of tea at all.  I love anything with
David Tennant in (swoon).  And I used to love This Life - I might put this on my birthday wishlist - the complete boxed set is out.  I like Holby and Casualty and dip in and out of the soaps.  And I loved Green Wing - it was just the funniest thing ever.

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »

Five Days started on Monday and runs through all this week.  Am getting hooked allready and only 2 days in.

catweazle

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »

I've been watching that as well it's good isn't it?.
Guess what - you know the shop where the two boys pinched something? Well, I used to buy sweeties at that very shop when I was a kid. I only found out last week that they'd filmed round my neck of the woods. I'll definitley be tuning in again tonight to see if I can recognise anything else!  :)

Catweazle x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 244