Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 244

Author Topic: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?  (Read 666584 times)

Juno Esk 2

Re: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »

got invited out Friday night so recorded Five Days and watched on Saturday.  Thought it fizzled out a bit, shame, too many threads left unanswered, but a shocking ending.  Recognised the "remembrance sunday" church as Adel?????

Bette

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »

Agree with that - enjoyed it overall but last episode a bit disappointing.
Really enjoying "The Good Wife".
Bixby x

Suzi Q

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »

Im still waiting whats 5 days about?
We saw something in NZ when we were over there it was about a bombing by telephone
It was 3 shows from different angles it was UK it was fab Im watching Mistresses now on UK TV like that
Love Primevil and even the Johnathan Ross show yes we get em all here on Fox (sky)
Its quite exy to have the full service which here includeds 10 film stations and an IQ box record 60hrs think yu call it PLus?
Its 55.00 pounds a month and we have 35 channells  is it more in UK

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:51 PM »

It's lambing, lambing, lambing - once I've seen one born that's it, it's done ........ I did watch Jo with her Parenting Guide last night, interesting in that kids soon learn to rule the parents  ::)  ....... Loose Women, antiques shows, house buying have me glued, won't even answer the phone  :)

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

Im still waiting whats 5 days about?
We saw something in NZ when we were over there it was about a bombing by telephone
It was 3 shows from different angles it was UK it was fab Im watching Mistresses now on UK TV like that
Love Primevil and even the Johnathan Ross show yes we get em all here on Fox (sky)
Its quite exy to have the full service which here includeds 10 film stations and an IQ box record 60hrs think yu call it PLus?
Its 55.00 pounds a month and we have 35 channells  is it more in UK

I did tell you Suzi - basically Cop/thriller/mystery set on five different days of the police enquiry. Lots of twists & turns, very good.  You are bound to get it eventually.

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »

We have lots of Channels but many can only be accessed by paying a fee or are unavailable because our aerial doesn't reach far enough to pick up that signal.  We watch BBC1/2/3/3+/4 .... ITV 1/2/3 ..... Channel 4 + Ch4 .... Hubby scans through and finds odds and sods and we can also get the radio on our TV now  ::)

Suzi Q

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2010, 12:37:45 PM »

GOsh BBC got that many stations
WHEN we left England you got BBC 1 and 2 and Granada Tv
If the wind and all the other stuff was right we could occasionaly get WELsh Tv
Here in Ozz we have ABC 1 and just in the last few months ABC 2 44 years after UK
ABC 2 is roughly a repeat of whats on ABC 1 with the odd doc or old BBC series Ozz TV is terrible
We have 4 Free to air staions 1 of which is multicultural the average people watching it on any given day 10.000
Its been going since 1980 they wont cancell it too many Multicultural voters I suppose though they dont seem to watch it either
Sky we call it Foxtell  in Ozz has the lowest number of consumers in OECD 2 reasons 1  too exy 2 ozzies go to bed early 9pm av
I know heaps of people whove got it and cancelled it cos as they say we are in bed at 9pm not worth the money cos it is exy
We get radio on TV but only if yu either have Foxtell or a set top box Id love a digital radio maybe for Christmas?
I love radio 4 from the moment we get home to England its on all the time till night time Tv comes on
We are lucky to have Fox and I watch UK Tv every day Corrie Eastenders dont watch Emmerdale too much crime to be beleivable
Sounds like that 5 days is like the bomb 3 part series hope we get it soon
SUZI Q

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

Desperate Housewives anyone?  It got a bit silly so didn't watch for 2 weeks ..............

Suzi Q

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2010, 06:52:35 AM »

Yeh I gave up on Casuality and Holby City
NOt enough nursing too much drama death breakdowns etc they both lost their way
I stopped when Diane died couple of years ago now thats Holby yes?
Casuality when Charlie was sacked thats ages ago
I liked the Bill till they blew everyone up and the it was sex and corruption stoped that then too
I think after a while they seem to think it has to change even if viewers dont ask for it
I think they get bored hehehe
Suzi Q

Ive never watched one episode of DHWIVES I do like Grays Anatomy and I loved LOST till last year
Suddenly they were back in USA as if nothing had happend it was like the Bobby in the shower thing in Dallas whole year a dream?

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:07 AM »

;D  I remember Bobby in the shower,  :-*

Bette

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

LOVE Desperate Housewives - don't care that it's silly!
Bixby x

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »

Don't watch the soaps - stopped watching Casualty, yes, too contrived they were killing people off at end of every series and I think why can't they just get another job and move away?  Not dramatic enough but real life?  Come on!  Never watched The Bill, the theme tune made me cringed (same with the Archers I have to dash to switch off the radio). 
LOST - was devastated when the 3 series moved to Sky (didnt have, still dont) but OH bought me 3 and 4 on DVD and I am back into it again.  Will be getting series 5 late May when series 6 finishes, and then maybe series 6 for Christmas?  only if i am a good girl!
Dont want to know what happens!  No spoilers on here please.

Bette

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »

Don't watch the soaps either but couldn't live without the Archers. Have an internet radio so can listen to it when I'm "being domestic" - that's a struggle for me so anything which distracts me is a boon!  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

As soon as we are in tot eh car the good old BBC 4 goes and and the ARCHER dadADADADADADA DADADADA DADADAD
DA DA  DA DA DADADAD DADAD
ok i KNOW IM DAFT BUT THIS BLODY BASATRADO FANNY IS DRIVING ME NUTS IM SO P OED OFF WHY HAS IS STOPPED WOPRKING
PUT ANOTHER DOES IN JUST NOW CHENIST SAID DO IT TONIGHT SUNDAY TUEDAY IF ITS STILL BAD GO BACK TO GPO
IT WAS HRRIFIC TO GET THE BUGAGAR IN TALK ABOUT DRY EVEN GETTIG IT UP YET WHEN I TOOK THE APLICATOR OUT IT WAS WET

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »

Excuse to lay naked in front of the TV then  ???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 244