Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Anxiety

(1/8) > >>

JoJo42:
I’m suffering with out of control anxiety.

I don’t think it’s just meno-related, although I suppose it partly could be  related to the way all the meno/health issues have happened out of the blue - the worry of symptoms, having to learn about it all and then adapt to/learn to live with different things. Like, for instance, the V.A - not knowing what it was at first, all the worry about it, the pain, then starting the treatment and then learning how to cope with it, and then later - finding out about “flare-ups” and having to research and learn and work out what to do. Exhausting.

Anyway, I think the anxiety is probably more related to family issues - unexpected deaths in the family and then issues with my abusive mother. Anyway, all of this has probably contributed to the anxiety issue and I find myself every day taking another ridiculous, small worry and driving it in my head all the way to catastrophe! It runs away with me and I don’t know how to reel it back in. I don’t want to see the doctor as that sends my anxiety supersonic anyway as I know of I go the GP they’ll probably start trying to stop my hrt as that has happened before and I’m exhausted and basically can't be arsed with all their malarkey.

Anyone got any tips?   JJ xxx

Flossieteacake:
It sounds like you have such a lot going on Jo Jo. I know how overwhelming anxiety can be. Would you ever consider therapy? Some people really benefit from talking things through or learning different techniques to deal with anxiety.

If you wanted to try Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, you can find free courses online.

JoJo42:
Thanks for your reply Flossieteacake. I just googled free cbt and didn’t realise it was possible to do an NHS online, self-referral for therapy without going through the GP! I never knew that was possible. I think that would be perfect dor me and my situation I think. I’m going to have another read and fill the form in online.

Thanks so much for the advice xx

Flossieteacake:
You are so welcome.  :)

QueenofReds3:
Hi JoJo
Sorry to hear you are suffering from anxiety, it is a symptom that I have had for years even on HRT.
I self referred on the NHS and I was signed up for the silver cloud online therapy. Italk is another self referral online therapy you can have a look at. Calm app is a good app but you do have to pay. I find walking in the morning helps, a couple of years ago I got my pupper, without him I would stay in bed and ruminate and not want to face the world, he is what makes me get up and out, apart from my job. I know a dog is not the answer for everyone obviously and I still get bad days. Mine stems from a abusive mother but I have a loving family now and have to remind myself it is not my fault she was like that with me. Sending warm hugs.xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version