Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1665

Author Topic: How are you today?  (Read 2619308 times)

Meggie

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »

Oh dear Suzi - you do sound down.  I've seen all your messages on this site - life can be a bitch sometimes can't it.

Hope you soon feel much better and the week flies by for you .... then Bobbles will be home again.

:bed:

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 12:08:08 PM »

Where's he gone SuziQ?

As for moving, I remember the first 3 months of marriage we accumulated 33 new items  ::) ..... including a tea-strainer.  No T-bags then  ;D
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Meggie

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »

Why is it that the kids grow up, you give them everything you've had stuffed in your cupboards for probably 20 years (their possessions of course) when they leave home and somehow, they always end up back at yours.  I don't get it.  It could be difficult if you've just "down-sized" !

Taz2

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »

It is a cunning plan to get parents to hold on to the family home so that they always have somewhere to come back to if they need to I reckon! I have a microwave, a toaster, electric guitar, amplifier, two speakers and a box of cuddly toys(!) in the living room at the moment. There is no more room in the bedrooms upstairs as the other son who has left home hasn't ever sorted out his cupboard which is full of his ..... toys, games, old controllers, pc boxes etc etc.....

I returned today to do the final cleaning up - it was strange to see it all empty - I would have loved it for myself!! His reason for moving was  Rent £800 per month, Council Tax £130 per month, Gas, Electric, Service Charge £120 per month. I reckon he has done well to keep it for six years. His new place is a house share - much smaller, not so swish but only £450 all bills included so he will have some money again.

Taz x

viv

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »

My eldest moved in with his girlfriend and I let him take most of the contents of his bedroom. He was my first (and only) to go as yet, and my heart was broken. We decided to turn his room into an office with a sofa bed for when he came back to visit. Went out and bought all the stuff and OH spent the day putting it all together. Next day HE FELL OUT WITH GIRLFRIEND AND MOVED BACK HOME. It cost me a blooming fortune.
A room full of furniture
Lost deposit on a flat (he is a student)
Van rental 2 WAYS

So now I am storing stuff all over the place.
Dont you just love them especially BOYS  ::) ::) ::)

Viv

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »

Squirrels all  ;)

Chilly today.  Lack motivation.  Fed up with the new buildings going up opposite, noise, lorries, more noise, parking problems ........  >:(

Suzi Q

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »

Hi Meg Hi Clkd
hes gone to New South Wales then on to Victoria
Its work but he went Sunday 5am so he could spend the day and night with his sister
She lives in NSW and lost her husband 2 years ago so he goes down and she comes up here
I dont mind I used to fly 12.000 miles to see my brother before he died
But I miss him xxx

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »

Of course you miss him - does he bring you a pressie when he returns  :tulips2: ?

I'm depressed today  :-\

Meggie

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »

It seems to be a "down" day for me too.  Got up OK and made Lemon Curd, prepared meal as we have friends over this evening then went outside into bright sunshine to give our neighbours a jar of LC and felt really strange - as if I was in a dream and was about to fall.  It's knocked me for six as it a couple of months since I last felt so strange - it certainly made the old intestines churn but now I feel really tired and a little shakey.......very strange

Sorry you're not so good today CLKD and Suzi will soon feel better too  :tulips:

Meggie

catweazle7

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »

Oh NOOOOOOO! It's snowing again!!!!! I was feeling ok up to now. Dammit I hate the stuff.  >:(

Meggie I sometimes have funny turns if I suddenly go into bright light. It does shake you up a bit doesn't it. Just chill out for the rest of today and you'll probably be right as rain tomorrow.

Catweazle x
Keep Calm and Carry On

Suzi Q

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 02:23:43 AM »

Sorry Clkd
that your feeling low today I really think theres no rhyme or reason it just hits
I hope your feeling a bit better when wake up today feeling less rubbish
Yes he does bring me pressies loads of them hes a lovely man Im so lucky
I suppose that this Av and vanshing fanny is as nothing compared to millions
Lovely day today sun shinning the boy rang from work at 9am to check on Mum
BOBBLES HAs rang 3 times to tell me he loves me I am blessed but just feel lonely
Its odd I miss my family when Im like this not Bobbles or David but my home in Cheshire
Tell you what I do when I get really down OK I know Im whaffling here but feel like talking
I start by leaving my Dads place and I walk all the way to Liacard looking in to the windows of the shops in my mind
I then go in to Cherry Tree precinct have a cupa at sayers and a cheese and onnion pasty YUM
Then I walk around Primark now this is all ijn my head but it makes me happier to know its all there DAFT hey?
Oh I wish I was there Id love some lemon curd we cant get it here and now with not being able to bring things on the plane I cant buy it and bring it back with me I got in to trouble last time for having 2 marks andsparks coffee swiss rolls
OH GOD Id been with my cousin and wed been insulted by 3 Asian chaps a couple of days before I left UK they were very insulting
This customs chap talked to me like they did I went nuts I Upeneded my suit case told him to go through the lot and have a good look at my bras and knickers I said might give you a cheap thrill OHHHHH hells bellls I mean i could have been fined etc
But this is where the good old Ozzie spirit comes to the fore 3 chaps came around the this BUMPTIOUS little man and said GO
He scuttled away I was crying the ladies in the customs wer saying hes a pig love take no notice the customs men said
Hurry up love get your case go home your OK and dont forget your cakes Poor Bobbles had been standing there for an hour
Its not like me Im really a give in sort of person I dont row but when I get angry Bloody hell as my bobbles says RUNNNNN

Suzi Q

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:36 AM »

OH VIV
didnt anyone tell you they HOME
They are like pidgeons BOYS they go and as soon as anything goes wrong
THEY COME BACK
Thing is he must love you and as for the rest its only money
I always think if money can solve a problem then its not really a problem
From one Mother who son HOMED at least 3 times to you Viv xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »

Thanks Suzi.  Another reason not to fly  ::)

I've been low in the night, my thoughts woke me.  I think some of the reason is the time of year; the rain; lack of sunshine; and that my friend has a puppy which reminds me I am unable to own pets due to anxiety; and reminds me of the little cats I had to take to the rescue centre because I was too ill to look after them  :'( and I am unable to cry which would do me good and cleanse my soul  :-\ :-\

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »

Oh nooooooo!! Are you saying that all three of mine will keep homing? Will have to downsize quick!!

Taz x  ;D ;D ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 10:10:53 AM »

Sorry your feeling rubbish CLKD
Nothing anyone can do either is there!
I take it your not in good enough health to have a small dog or a cat?
What about a BUnny? No dont laugh I had one they are lovely
Even a hampster can bring joy I loved my hammy and I was mid 20s not a child
What about a budgie they are sweet and you can teach them to talk
Winter is a bad time I think its a medical fact just think though soon snowdrops
Dafodils trees sprouting leaves the smell of the grass The sky that white that only England UK has
New life new beginiings cuddle yuor pals puppy be happy for her and I bet you will feel happier
If you cant cry you cant I dont cry much ever when I do its only for a few mins we are all different
It is healthy though to have a good weep again its something to do with chemical and the brain (have a job finding mine)
Cuudle up read Jane Austen eat chockies have a chineses takeawy if thats your bag watch a DVD or Video
Ring your pals have a coffee morning have some toats with the lemon curd YUM and thinnk of ME
With many hugs Suzi Q :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1665