Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1665

Author Topic: How are you today?  (Read 2619284 times)

Cazikins

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »

Hope you feel better today Catweazle.
I do know that feeling very well.
xx
The man who says it cannot be done should not interupt the woman who is trying to do it.

Meggie

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

You ask the question "How are you Today?"

My answer would be bloody horrible.  I could fall asleep on a clothes-line at the moment.  I've been taking HRT and flushes have reduced but I can't shake off the tiredness.  If I'm a passenger in the car then I could fall asleep as easy as pie, even if it's 10 in the morning and I've only been up an hour.  I don't understand why, I keep telling myself that as I've not slept properly for years I'm catching up but I don't want to waste all these hours with my eyes shut.  Unfortunately, I worry about it and it makes me feel worse.  My eyes feel sore all the time, sunlight is bright and I squint a lot and it wouldn't take much to make me cry ....... At 58 I hoped I'd be feeling much better.

I see my Gynaecologist in 3 weeks to check on the HRT dosage (as I'm only taking half dose at the moment as I only started it in November) so don't know whether she'll increase it or look at an alternative.

Anyone got any advice?

Meggie

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »

If you need sleep have it.  Listen to your body.  It is not wasting time, sleep heals  ;) ..... I remember that draining tiredness of pre-menstrual days, when I felt I had to lay down where ever I was.  If you are hungry you eat, if you are tired sleep......... ?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Meggie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »

I slept much better last night so a bit more positive today ..... and the sun is shining which really helps.

I had a strange "do" a few nights ago - I woke, as if from a bad dream (which I could not remember !!!) and I felt like the whole of my body was shaking - as if I was having a fit.  Really weird.  I think I've been worrying about that episode.

Onward and upward don't they say - take each day as it comes.

Thanks for your input CKLD

Meggie

annifanny

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »

Hi Meggie, I've had that shaking thing before, very scary!
Being really useless today. I got the hoover out 3 hours ago.......emptied the bag an hour ago.....it's still sat there! Need a bloody bomb up me  ::)
I'm not confused, I'm just well mixed

Rosebush

• Tomorrows another sunrise...
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »

Had loads of night sweats, no sleep and feel knackered, just gonna wash my hair, hope that perks me up...plus its dark grey and miserable, roll on Spring.. :'(
I know i'm here somewhere !

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »

Is that the hair colour or the weather ..... if it's the weather then like-wise!  And the builders opp have a fire which is drifting all over the estate and my house begins to smell of woodsmoke ....... I'm quite low today although I havelots to keep me occupied  ::) - time for a cuppa!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

viv

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

Been decorating today, trying to get the house ready to put on the market.

Why is it that I get more paint on me than on the bloody door. The house now stinks and Ive got a headache from the fumes. Moaning again. >:(

Viv

Meggie

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »

Hi Viv

Don't worry about paint getting splashed around - hubby says that you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs!!  The place will look lovely when you've finished - have you found another place to live.

You're not moaning - just sounding off.

Meggie

viv

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »

Hi Meggie

No I we have not found anywhere to buy as yet. Looked at a good few but nothing taking my fancy at the moment. I hope the market picks up soon as I dont want to have to wait too long. Down sizing a bit as the kids are getting older and sort of come and go.
More decorating tomorrow.
My only worry is if I make it look too good I wont want to move at all  ::).

Viv

catweazle7

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »

Yay!  :bounce:  Managed to peg some washing out today for the first time this year (first time since early Nov come to think of it). I love the smell of washing that's dried on the line.

Otherwise I'm feeling a bit fed up because there's no job vacancies to be found, I've got palps today, and a sore finger  :(  (why does something have to hurt every single day ???)
Still, my dizzy head's better so I'm grateful for that  :)

Catweazle x
Keep Calm and Carry On

ariadne

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »

Today I am walking like a hunched old woman because I hurt my back last night in bed. And No, it wasn't a Lesley Ash moment as you might be thinking! All I did, was turn over from my back to my side. Except my top half turned but my bottom half stayed flat on the bed. Lower back extremely painful today.

Everything is a struggle. Couldn't get in the car. Got in , then couldn't shut the door. Couldn't get out of the car. Can't get up off the settee, couldn't go to the loo properly 'cos straining hurt my back (sorry-too much info)

Hubby is trying to be nice ::) For example the potatoes were boiling over and he came in FROM the kitchen and asked if I needed help to get up off the settee to go to them!  NO - just take the bloody lid off and turn the heat down.  :beat:

I have a hot water bottle behind me for comfort and am hoping it will feel better tomorrow.

moo

Meggie

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »

Hi Moo

Back ache - the only time I get back ache is if I do aerobics or similar which is rare.  It sounds agony - sorry you are suffering.

It amused me to read the bit about the spuds !!  Good old hubby, it's like having to lead a child isn't it.  I think they are all the same unless they trained as chefs ...... but then you'd have to run around after them clearing up peelings etc., wouldn't you?  Talk about banging your head :bang: against a brick wall.

Hope you soon feel better but take it easy.

Meggie
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:58:32 PM by Meggie »

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »

Exhausted!! Have just got in after helping one of my sons move flats. We have been on the go since three this afternoon. How did anyone fit so much stuff into one flat? I am now the proud looker-after of an exercise bike (in the hall) and the spare room is now full of boxes which wont fit into the new place - stuff which I thought I had seen the back of 10 years ago when he moved out! Ah well - off to have a bath I think. I am going back tomorrow to finish off the cleaning in the hopes of saving him some "penalty money" from the landlord. He had lived there for six years so there must be some wear and tear expected surely?

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »

Fed up pissed off miss my Bobbles
Fanny better than Sunday not back to OK but nearly there
Made appt to see my Old Family Gp
I know he wont send me for silly over the top tests
I think maybe a new cream fingers crossed that might work
Other than that fed up pissed off miss my Bobbles hes back Friday night
Cant come soon enough for thiis bunny
Hope evryone has a lovely day Mionday and the old fanny etc is all tickety boo