Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 61 out now. (September 2020)

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1698

Author Topic: How are you today?  (Read 2537371 times)

catweazle7

How are you today?
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:26 PM »

Happy!  :bounce:

The bin men have been!  :clapping:
We'd over 4 weeks worth of recycling and 3 weeks worth of ordinary rubbish piled up. Mind you they put it all in the same lorry so I've sorted my waste and washed out bottles and tins for the last month for nothing.  :bang: :bang:
Still, I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.

Catweazle x
Keep Calm and Carry On

Taz2

Re: How are you today?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »

Mine came today too Catweazle - the last visit was on the 16th December just before the first lot of snow hit! Here though we still had both our lorries - grey bin and green bin  :na: :na:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:35:09 AM by Taz2 »

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »

Crikey, we went 2 weeks without the bins being emptied - I thought that was bad enough. Same as you Catweazle, it was all put in one lorry.

How am I today?
Well I think I may have got a job at last. I wont know officially till Monday but the feed back from the recruitment agency are pretty good, so fingers crossed girls.

The man who says it cannot be done should not interupt the woman who is trying to do it.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »

That's good news Cazi - will keep everything crossed for you!!  :great:

Taz x

catweazle7

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »

Ooo Cazi I really hope you get it. Let us know.
I can't find anything suitable to apply for. Searching for local jobs online is a nightmare - like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I'm feeling good so far today - I can see GRASS!!! It's pouring down but I don't care as long as the white stuff is going. This is our fifth week with snow on the ground. Enough is enough! (sorry Taz  ;)

Catweazle x
Keep Calm and Carry On

Libby Babe

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »

Cazi, I really hope this job works out for you - I will keep everything crossed for you.  Sending hugs.  :love:

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »

Yes - Catweazle - we only managed five weeks as well  :(  Never mind - perhaps we will do better next time  ;D ;D  Think I should move to Finland.

I know what you mean about looking for jobs online as two of my sons are still out of work at the minute and in desperation I have a go, now and again, at finding them something, anything, but to no avail.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 07:44:25 PM »

Hope the bath eases the aches and pains. Sounds like I felt last week after shovelling snow!

Taz x  :hug:

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »

Thanks Taz, Catweazle & Libby Babe. I will let you know the outcome.
I can strongly recommend enrolling with a recruitment agency, they get companies & businesses contactng them, advertising jobs that you don't see on web sites.  :-X
Believe me, the government website is good but the jobs that are advertised on there are only because the agencies don't have anyone on their books to fill them.

Now then Fleurie, what is this fertiliser called lipasma?? what is the N.P.K.? Is it 18:18:18 or maybe 14:7:28 ? sorry but that is what I use to export, fertilisers.

I could never understand the scientific side of it but I hope the olive crop is better this year.... oh & your aches & pains have eased after your bath.

Love Cazikins xx
The man who says it cannot be done should not interupt the woman who is trying to do it.

Rosebush

• Tomorrows another sunrise...
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »

Cazi great news about your job, hope all goes well.. :-*

We have full sunshine here which had lifted my spirits no end.. :ola:
I know i'm here somewhere !

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »

I've been at it with the yard broom so a cuppa is called for.  Hope the job turns out to be successful, at least it gets your 'foot in the door' as it were.  As for the bins, our Council told us via Neihbourhood Watch that everything is going to Landfill this week so I took in my recycling bins ...... most paper and card goes into our compost and we don't have many tinned foods these days ....... I will put the glass bottles out in 2 lots 'cos it looks like that is all we've done since the snow arrived  ;D
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Cazikins

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »

I got the job & start on Monday.  :)

Not heard of Lipasma Fleurie,  I did use to sell organic liquid fertiliser but mainly in the uk. We did have a client in Cyprus but they didn't take much from us just mainly soluble fertilisers.
Oops just realised you're in Greece not Cyprus (meno fog brain).
I use to ship to Thessaloniki, we had a customer in Pellis/Skydra.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:51:45 PM by Cazikins »

ariadne

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »

Great news Cazikins  :congrats:  Good luck for your first day on Monday

moo

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »

Good Luck!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

catweazle7

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »

Well done Cazi, we'll be thinking about you on Monday  :great:

I'm having a weird head day today (the third in a row). I refuse to let it get the better of me so I went to the supermarket and swayed around the aisles like someone who has taken to the liquor. I pretended to myself that I HAD had a drink and that was why I felt so unsteady. Needed a few deep breaths here and there because it made me feel jittery but I made it.

I hope it's gone tomorrow....  :sigh:
Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1698