Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Neck lump  (Read 5665 times)

Lyncola

Re: Neck lump
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »

Great news, and from someone who had the needle biopsy done, I found it painless if you ever need to get one in the future

ATB

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2022, 08:43:22 AM »

Thanks Lyncola,
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:58:22 AM by ATB »

Lyncola

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2022, 08:26:48 AM »

ABT, I understand my health anxiety is terrible too, I really never worried before menopause

Gnatty

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2022, 08:35:10 AM »

Glad all is well! I had letter through the post inviting me for breast screening. Just the mere sight of the envelope fills me with the dreads. Health anxiety is the worst thing.

ATB

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2022, 08:42:50 AM »

Thanks Gnatty and sorry to hear you have health anxiety too, it is truly awful. Mine extends to family members and even my husband not wearing sun block yesterday makes me super anxious and frantically looking at any moles or signs of something awful. It’s a horrible horrible thing. Hope you’re ok x

Gnatty

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 09:33:06 AM »

Thank you yes, it's an ongoing work in progress! I spend a little time every day rereading Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. I cannot thank enough whoever it was on here that originally recommended this book. I know these type of books are ten a penny but Mark Williams is a professor at Oxford University and I feel like every sentence is gold dust. Honestly I have more underlined sentences than not!! It's not specifically for health anxiety but there is just so much wisdom therein. Chapter 8 is helping particularly at the moment. So for example it's not the letter itself that is making me feel anxious but the way I am interpreting/ reacting to it that is doing the damage. And by then it becomes really difficult to separate out the true facts from my own negative spin which has now become my truth ... Sorry going off at a tangent there....x

ATB

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2022, 11:25:41 AM »

Oh thank you, I love a good book recommendation! My therapist is a mindfulness practitioner also so we have spoken a lot about it and my husband practices it every day in some way. I’m going to get that book!

Gnatty

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2022, 12:16:02 PM »

Let me know how you get on! I have it on Audible too so that I can listen to the meditations easily

Kathleen

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »

Hello ATB.

I am so pleased that you had your test and that the result was good. You must be very relieved.

Good luck with your mindfulness practice and sending best wishes.

Take care.

K.

ATB

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2022, 05:02:07 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for your kind message. How are things with you?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:58:54 AM by ATB »

Kathleen

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2022, 07:51:55 PM »

Hello again ATB

You have certainly had a lovely start to your day along with the cows of course.

I am okay thank you. I had a scan on Wednesday to investigate post meno bleeding and everything was fine  so I completely understand your relief at getting good news!

Wishing you well.

K.

Marchlove

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »

Wishing you well from Somerset  Kathleen.
So pleased to hear your scan went well.
God only knows what I’d be without MM! Just listening to that song on gardening programme  :)

ATB

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2022, 08:59:05 PM »

Oh I’m so glad to read that Kathleen. That is good news too!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]