Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Neck lump  (Read 5952 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Neck lump
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 10:53:50 AM »

Oh god. So I had my ultrasound and despite my anxiety was actually ok. But my surgery just rang and said the doctor is going to call me next Wednesday to discuss the results. Surely they’d just text me or ring and say everything is fine if it was and so this must mean they found something? Now I have to wait 5 days to hear  :'(

Well done for going for the ultrasound! That must have been so scary for you. I would think your doctor would call you right away if it was anything serious. Maybe they just want to discuss everything to put you at ease. I do understand why you feel worried. On the other hand, maybe the results will not reach the doctor until next week hence the appointment.

ATB

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2022, 11:04:24 AM »

Removed personal information
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:56:37 AM by ATB »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2022, 11:20:53 AM »

Thank you, that’s a good point. Apparently they had text me to make an appointment yesterday which was only a day after the US. I’m still unbelievably anxious about it. I shouldn’t be because I know both good and bad news is delivered this way and I’m in the same position I was in yesterday, waiting for results, and I had zero anxiety. I felt so good after the appointment for just doing it with no panic or major issues.

I think you have made such amazing process. I remember you saying you put off any health appointments due to severe anxiety. The very fact you went to the ultrasound is a huge achievement!

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2022, 11:22:58 AM »

Stop beating yourself up for being anxious! You are perfectly normal to be so, when you haven’t any information!  Well done for facing your fears. You have to be scared to be brave! Have you projects or stuff or places to go so you can do to distract yourself?

ATB

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 11:26:49 AM »

Yes, thank you, have plenty to distract me so I’ll try and use everything I’ve learnt recently to keep my mind on the present.

Thank you both :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 11:40:20 AM »

It takes a while to get the scans read by a Consultant, e-mailed to the GP Surgery and then for the GP to find a slot to discuss results.  I doubt whether a week will make any difference to the result ;-).  Anxiety is usual; has the lump grown, become painful, oozing ............

:hug:

ATB

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »

Removed personal information.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:56:57 AM by ATB »

Haydo

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 01:00:35 PM »

Well done for going to the ultrasound.  You are bound to be anxious, but keep yourself busy and distracted.  As has been said, if it was anything serious you would think you would be contacted straightaway.  Mindful meditation and all the other techniques you use to keep yourself calm.  Easier said than done I know. Relax and breathe! x

ATB

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 03:20:21 PM »

Thanks so much Haydo  :)

Tora

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2022, 07:52:36 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow ATB.x

ATB

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2022, 08:18:54 PM »

Thank you Tora, very kind of you x

Marchlove

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2022, 09:58:32 PM »

Good luck ATB xxxx

ATB

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2022, 10:11:06 PM »

Thank you Marchlove 🙏❤️ Really thoughtful

Lyncola

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2022, 05:03:06 AM »

Totally agree with everyone, if it was bad they wouldn’t make you wait a week. When I had skin cancer (level one melanoma) the doctor called me the next day as soon as she got the results, and it was cut out the day after the doctor called. Breathe and relax

ATB

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2022, 09:07:30 AM »

Removed personal information.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:57:23 AM by ATB »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4