Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Worrying my self sick  (Read 2250 times)

Law

Worrying my self sick
« on: May 16, 2022, 11:27:55 AM »

Hi, I’m hoping someone can give me some advise.
I have a very long list of symptoms. I’m 43 & had bloods taken last week but I have to wait 2 weeks for my results.
I’m getting really bad back & breast pain. My anxiety is the worst it’s ever been. I keep thinking these pains are cancer.
I have an appointment with an osteopath tomorrow morning’s but I’m so worried it won’t help.
I have been depressed, I’m barely sleeping. I do smoke an E-cig but I’m barely smoking it these days. I work in retail & it can be quite physical with a lot of lifting. I have had a bad back from this before & the osteopath sorted me out. I just can’t stop thinking the worst.
Has anyone else had a bad back when they started getting symptoms?

Flossieteacake

Re: Worrying my self sick
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 11:33:57 AM »

Hello Law and welcome to the forum. I understand how worrying it is not to know why we are feeling unwell. I found I had a bad back before starting HRT. When we lack oestrogen it can cause all sorts of bone and joint pain. You say you are depressed and anxious. This could also be menopause related. Have you ever tried an antidepressant or anxiety medication? Your job could also be the reason your back hurts. Lifting heavy items really can take its toll on the back. I get breast pain a lot too. It can be hormone related.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 12:14:22 PM »

Morning.  I agree with Flossieteacake

:welcomemm:  as oestrogen levels drop, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  As well as the body becoming dry: inside and out.  Browse round, make notes.

Ask away.

Depression and anxiety may be related to hormones, how were you during your menstruating years?  Although HRT can help both, with some shortages in medication it may be worth while considering anti-depression medication and maybe an as necessary drug, i.e. 'valium' - to ease anxiety surges.  Eating well and regularly can also help.  Once those symptoms are eased you will be in a better place to make informed decisions.

Do tell your osteopath.  One should not undergo any form of manipulation unless the affected area has been X-rayed in the last 3 months.  Also, 1 needs to do gentle exercise following treatment which a good practitioner will advise upon.

Aches and pains can move around with the lack of oestrogen.  Over the counter pain relief should help.

Let us know how you get on.

Law

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 12:24:08 PM »

I was on anti depressants years ago, I don’t really want to take them again. I’m going to look into something herbal.
I hurt my shoulder last year at work & they pain is worse than last time. The osteopath sorted my shoulder out after a few visits. I hoping she can do the same this time. I’m just worrying myself that it the worst. When the pain gets bad it moves round to my chest. I spoke to the nurse about it at the menopausal clinic but she didn’t think it was anything to worry about

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 12:27:05 PM »

If the antidepressants helped previously then maybe it is worth trying them again? I personally could not cope without mine. They just take the edge of the worst feelings and that is very helpful.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 01:09:10 PM »

What is the worst that can happen if it's a cancer diagnosis? 

As for herbals - not many are approved or known to actually work long term and should not be used continually for more than 6 weeks.  Some herbals can inter-act badly with prescribed meds..

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Law

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 06:50:17 PM »

Is there anything I can take to boost my oestrogen levels, while I wait for my next appointment.
It was the nausea from the anti depression that I can’t handle.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2022, 07:16:07 PM »

Is there anything I can take to boost my oestrogen levels, while I wait for my next appointment.
It was the nausea from the anti depression that I can’t handle.

It can take time to find the right antidepressant. I can understand you are wary after experiencing nausea but it sounds like it was not the right one for you.

ATB

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 07:36:45 PM »

I can’t offer you advice about this particular symptom, but I totally get the worry about this as I have health anxiety and with loads of symptoms before HRT I would constantly almost, think I had cancer. It’s awful. I would recommend doing some meditation for anxiety. I like the headspace app. Perhaps, as a long term thing think about therapy, it is helping me a lot. You definitely are much more likely to have hurt something, like intercostal muscles than anything serious. Best of luck

KTH

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 08:17:17 AM »

Hello Law, I'm a longtime lurker and haven't posted in a long time

I am so onboard with the worry.  I am 59 so about 8 years post meno and have severe health anxiety that rears its head every so often.  I am frantic at the moment.  I have some pains in my breast which the doctor checked and wasn't particularly fussed about.  I've got to have bloods taken in a couple of weeks.  I developed night sweats after I had both my Covid jabs and booster and I am climbing the walls thinking I have something nasty or sinister.

Add to that my husband getting his blood results yesterday and a call from the Doctor.  He mentioned that his count was 'very slightly off'.  He said that 3 years ago they wouldn't have worried about it, but now they do.  He said to my husband that things could cause that 'including the C word'.  Well that's it, I have sent myself into overdrive with panic.  Was awake this morning at 3.30, and ended up sobbing in the church on the way to work.  We're both due to retire at the end of June and all I can think is that we have so much to look forward to and yet our health is going to let us down.

I'm nearly in tears writing this.

So sorry to hijack your thread.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2022, 08:26:56 AM »

I am so onboard with the worry.  I am 59 so about 8 years post meno and have severe health anxiety that rears its head every so often.  I am frantic at the moment.  I have some pains in my breast which the doctor checked and wasn't particularly fussed about.  I've got to have bloods taken in a couple of weeks.  I developed night sweats after I had both my Covid jabs and booster and I am climbing the walls thinking I have something nasty or sinister.

Add to that my husband getting his blood results yesterday and a call from the Doctor.  He mentioned that his count was 'very slightly off'.  He said that 3 years ago they wouldn't have worried about it, but now they do.  He said to my husband that things could cause that 'including the C word'.  Well that's it, I have sent myself into overdrive with panic.  Was awake this morning at 3.30, and ended up sobbing in the church on the way to work.  We're both due to retire at the end of June and all I can think is that we have so much to look forward to and yet our health is going to let us down.

Hello KTH. I read your post and just had to reply. Health anxiety is truly awful and I know nothing I can say will make a difference to how worried you are. I just wanted you to know I have read your post and I am thinking of you.

I get breast pain often. I think it is reassuring your Doctor did not think it was anything to be concerned about. So many women developed meno symptoms after the covid jab and it seems it takes a while for hormones to settle. If you have a look around the forum you can see many others reporting the same thing.

Being slightly off with the blood test could be a simple infection or a lack of a vitamin. I know the c word is very scary but there is every chance your husband is okay and does not have that.

Have you ever had any therapy for your health anxiety? It can be very helpful. You are not alone here.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 08:41:04 AM »

Morning.  I've had soreness in the breast which was operated on in the 1990s, my GP suggested massaging cream into the whole breast as sometimes the underlying muscles become 'tight'.  I use either 'nivea' or 'vaseline' .  Gently.

It can be really worrisome, all these odd aches and pains  >:(

KTH

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 09:08:15 AM »

Hello KTH. I read your post and just had to reply. Health anxiety is truly awful and I know nothing I can say will make a difference to how worried you are. I just wanted you to know I have read your post and I am thinking of you.

I get breast pain often. I think it is reassuring your Doctor did not think it was anything to be concerned about. So many women developed meno symptoms after the covid jab and it seems it takes a while for hormones to settle. If you have a look around the forum you can see many others reporting the same thing.

Being slightly off with the blood test could be a simple infection or a lack of a vitamin. I know the c word is very scary but there is every chance your husband is okay and does not have that.

Have you ever had any therapy for your health anxiety? It can be very helpful. You are not alone here.

Hi Flossieteacake and thank you so much for replying and for your comforting words.  I've just sobbed on my boss's shoulder as well as I'm in such a panic - she understands as she gets very panicky as well.

My husband has just been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic so I am hoping that his bloods are reflecting that as well, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

I did have therapy a few years ago as I went into a complete spiral of panic and anxiety.  I thought this morning that I would revisit my book of notes that I took at the therapist as I found it helpful at the time. 

Thank you so much again.  I

Flossieteacake

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 09:16:14 AM »

Hi Flossieteacake and thank you so much for replying and for your comforting words.  I've just sobbed on my boss's shoulder as well as I'm in such a panic - she understands as she gets very panicky as well.

My husband has just been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic so I am hoping that his bloods are reflecting that as well, but let's not put the cart before the horse.

I did have therapy a few years ago as I went into a complete spiral of panic and anxiety.  I thought this morning that I would revisit my book of notes that I took at the therapist as I found it helpful at the time. 

Thank you so much again.  I

Your husband being pre diabetic is very likely the reason is blood count was slightly off. This is nothing to be worried about as he can reverse this and I am sure the doctor will advise him on how.

It is a good idea to look through your notes and work through the things you did with your therapist. You are most welcome.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 11:13:18 AM »

Make sure that your DH gets an appt with a Diabetic Nurse, there mayB one attached to the Surgery.  Diabetes can be reversed with a diet plan and regular exercise.  My friend found that hot weather upset her sugar levels, she lived in Brisbane so there was humidity to contend with.

Make that list of queries to take along to the appts..  Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] 2