Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 713 times)

vicky817

• First Flush
Advice please
« on: January 19, 2022, 12:16:34 PM »

Hi, just joined. Never do forums but getting a bit desperate. 46years old, been on HRT for nearly a year, seeing slight improvement in physical symptoms but mental symptoms worsening; mood swings (hate my partner most of the time), erratic thoughts, etc. Lot of family life changes happening too. No point discussing with GP as partner is a doctor and it’s a very small world. Just feeling like I need to offload to someone. Advice appreciated. 

Flossieteacake

Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 12:20:05 PM »

Hello Vicky and welcome. I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. As your partner is a doctor and it is a small world, would talking to a menopause doctor be an option instead? You could ask for a referral. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 12:36:27 PM »

Hi how much support are you getting from your husband who of course, is not allowed, legally, to treat family members.

Is there a Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery?  Anything you discuss will be confidential, however, is there a concern that your husband may access your records.  Perhaps the suggestion of asking for a referral to a menopause clinic would be the way to proceed.

Why did you begin HRT - who is prescribing it?  Has the regime helped at all?  Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.

Mood swings etc. can be treated with appropriate medication, sometimes HRT simply is not enough. 

Browse round.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, deep in the ears, nose, scalp, vagina as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  We talk about everything on the Forum so do join in.   Let us know how you get on.