Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Muscle Ache with Nausea  (Read 1400 times)

Gracie

Muscle Ache with Nausea
« on: January 17, 2022, 10:27:52 AM »

I've suffered for a few years with muscle ache in the right side of my back and always worse in winter. I always get nausea with it and right now I have another flare up with awful nausea. I did ask the hospital physio if he had patients that suffered the same but he hadn't come across it as a symptom, but I am prone to nausea anyway all my life.

My question is does anyone else suffer similar symptoms and any tips on relieving the nausea would be helpful.
I also suffer with bad reflux when I get a flare up so I can't take anything that would make that worse.

Old age sucks!!!

Gracie

Re: Muscle Ache with Nausea
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 01:00:41 PM »

Thanks for your reply, Minusminnie.

Yes you have a very good point, although I am careful what I eat normally I did actually pig out during the Christmas period and probably no surprises that everything flared up just recently.

Today things seem to be calming down a lot because I am back to normal eating again, lesson learned!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:30:11 PM »

? gall bladder ?

Gracie

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »

I've had everything checked and all clear. I climbed up a very steep hill carrying a heavy bag & camera twisting my body as I struggled up the hill, which at 70 is a stupid thing to do and I am paying the price from that I think.

I've had the problem for two years now and it gets nasty when I get a flare up. Physio gave me an exercise regime which I did well on but it seemed to encourage more flare ups, so I gave up.

I have been doing really well lately but I let my guard down over Christmas, I won't be doing that again, can't cope with the nausea  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 03:04:31 PM »

Nausea is awful  >:(

getting_old

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 07:51:46 PM »

Sometimes pain can make us feel nauseous, so it's a reaction rather than a symptom. I've not had what you're describing, but when I've had injuries that can't possibly impact my digestive system I've felt very nauseous. It may be that the pain is impacting your body in some way, and your body is reacting by feeling nauseous.

In your position I'd ask my doctor if I could take travel sickness pills for a week or two to see if they helped, but I'd not try that without the doctor's agreement.

Meg

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 09:45:57 PM »

Gracie, I have had nausea with the menopause.  I asked for something from the doctor and I have prochlorperazine tablets that are moderately helpful, also travel sickness tablets like Avomine can help.

Best Wishes
Meg

Gracie

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 10:48:30 PM »

I bought some travel sickness pills a while ago but haven't taken them as I feel the side effects from them would be worse than the nausea.

It's interesting about nausea and menopause. I had a great menopause but post menopause at 72 that is when I started to get VA symptoms and worse nausea symptoms, perhaps the two are linked.