Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Long Covid symptoms  (Read 1905 times)

Dierdre

Long Covid symptoms
« on: January 03, 2022, 12:10:17 PM »

Is anyone who has had Covid recently suffering from palpatations and unexplained bruising? I tested positive before Christmas and recovered after a week, or so I thought. The last couple of weeks I've had a very fast heart rate at night and palpatations, also the last week random unexplained bruises keep popping up and a burst vein at the back of my hand and one on my finger (I've had the finger thing before). Then Saturday night my elbow felt sore, when I looked in the mirror it was bruised all around the elbow joint, this has now gone black and green so definately a bruise not inflamation.
I looked up the symptoms of long covid and bruising, fast heart rate and palpitations are all on the very long list.
This so called milder Omicron version is not so mild as we have been lead to believe! It may be like having a bad cold and flu symptoms but what else is it causing that we don't immediately see?
Obviously feeling very anxious which won't help the palpatations but would like to hear if anyone else had this and is now ok?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Long Covid symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:23:26 PM »

Firstly, report on the yellow card system.  The more reports the more research will give ideas as to how C-19 affects people.

I would suggest that any unusual bruising should be treated with a blood test to check for clotting factor.  That would reassure me that it wasn't something seriously long-term, unrelated to the Virus.

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 03:44:28 PM »

I'll ring the doctor tomorrow, thanks CLKD.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 05:05:53 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  It may be that the GP has had similar reports. Me however, being me would want a clotting blood test ;-).

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 06:50:12 AM »

Managed to get a telephone consultation with the doctor and he has booked me in for blood tests and ECG. He thinks its related to covid but wants to rule out anything more serious.

holidaylover

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »

Hi Dierdre
you may have read on other posts that I am suffering terribly with palpitations,  Have been since I had by first Covid jab last April.  I've had bloods done and ECG's which were all fine.  Still waiting for 24 heart monitor results (6 months ago now) and chest xray (6 weeks ago now) but not at any time has the doctor mentioned that they may be the result of having had Covid.  I haven't had it (that I know of) but it was never mentioned.  How are you hormone wise?  I think anything we get at the moment, we are kind of thinking Covid all the time, be it the illness or the vaccine.  That alone, I think, causes a lot of anxiety.  My palps may be hormone or stomach acid related and am awaiting tests for this, but all that is in the news just now is Covid and we assume all illness is associated. (Well my stupid mind does).  My symptoms came on after the jab, so I immediately panicked and thought (and still think) that is the cause.  It's good that you are getting tests done, it will hopefully give you peace of mind.  I don't know anything about the bruising, but lack of certain vitamins can cause this (someone else can confirm) and may also be the cause of your palpitations.  Let us know how you get on, good luck.

Dierdre

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 09:24:03 PM »

You're right, we do assume it's Covid related or vaccine related not really knowing what either causes. The symptoms of Long Covid are endless too.
I had night sweats for weeks after both vaccines but never suffered before and ok now.
Hopefully these palpatations will just be post covid and I'll report my test results.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 09:33:39 AM »

Well done your GP! 

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 05:46:11 AM »

Had my booster yesterday and then went for my blood tests and ECG. I could feel the palpatations while waiting in the waiting room but as soon as she wired me up they stopped, typical. So not heard anything so all ok, but not really!
Had awful night with the vaccine side effects so off work today. I'm sure 4 weeks after a positive test is too soon for a booster, I'm still having problems from covid, wish I'd delayed it at least until i got my blood tests results but they said to go ahead.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 09:06:17 AM »

Get those feet up.  Plenty of day-time TV to watch  ;)

JoannFran

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 11:14:25 AM »

Hi Deirdre

Just wanted to let you know that I had exactly the same after having covid.

I was anxious before due to peri but after having covid my symptoms were 100 times worse and I was having continuous palpitations and fast heart rate. This went on for weeks (had holster monitor) and then I had an SVT where my heart went to 210 Bpm for nearly an hour. Was so scary. Ended up in hospital. Since had 2 week monitor and Heart scans and my heart is fine.
I’m on beta blockers for the time being and this has helped considerably.
Incidentally my husband had the first jab and then a week later had an SVT. Both of us have never had this before and it’s too much of a coincidence to be unrelated to the jab/covid.
I spoke to my hairdresser yesterday who had covid at Christmas. She’s 25 and now having palpitations.
I think there could be a link with it throwing hormones more out of balance.
No one at the hospital (or the cardiologist) would admit to it being linked to jabs/covid but the cardiologist did say there is research now happening so obviously it warrants it!
Sorry for long reply. There’s a long covid support group on the book of face that’s very informative and helpful.
I’m also having weird eye issues after covid too :-(
Hugs xxx

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »

'book of face'  8)

The symptoms however strange following new vaccines can be reported on the yellow card - if there are enough oddities, someone may get a Research Grant and Thesis ;-).

Dierdre

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 04:19:59 PM »

Hi JoannFran

One of the Long Covid symptoms is now palpatations and brusing so it must be getting more common. My sister in law had them after Covid and also a friend's daughter who is pregnant. Both had ECG and tests in hospital but are ok now. My doctor said it was caused by long covid and could take a few weeks to settle, just got what feels like occasional missing beats now. I've only heard of women having the palpatations though but both covid and the vaccines have upset womens hormones.
I'm regretting having the booster so soon after covid, been off work for two days now and felt worse than i did with covid!

Ive now had covid twice and 3 vaccines, enough!

Its hard to tell if its covid/vaccines or just the sheer anxiety and stress we are all suffering daily that's causes heart problems, or probably all of the above!

Glad your tests and scans are fine so no permanent damage whatever caused the palpatations.  That reassurance seems to reduce the anxiety and hopefully the palpatations.