Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Aids for sciatica  (Read 1501 times)

Roobee

Aids for sciatica
« on: January 01, 2022, 08:56:56 AM »

Morning and Happy New Year.
Has anyone here used a belt/back support or some kind of device for sciatica?
I’m looking to buy but there are so many 🤷🏻‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Aids for sciatica
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 10:35:50 AM »

Morning.  We both have back ache and sciatica at the moment.  Usually in my case it's due to not bending correctly!  Or slouching.

How is your footwear?  Seriously, worn down heels can cause all kinds of aches from the neck downwards.  Currently my pain is in the night: deep in the R thigh and down the outer leg.  In the day it's not a problem.

I find that 2 'nurofen' and a brisk walk helps ease the nerve.  When I had back problems years ago: I sneezed and pulled a muscle on the L side : my Boss ordered a back support with 4 rods in, he was an orthopaedic consultant.   There was no sciatica then.  It made me remember to sit correctly and not bend without using my knees  ::)

Swimming can ease symptoms.  Apparently.  MayB seek the advise of a sports physio.?  Let us know how you get on.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 12:48:37 PM »

I have sciatica and find a TENS machine helpful. I am not sure if that is something you may like to try.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 01:32:35 PM »

Well said - DH used a TENs machine for a back muscle years ago with some success.   :thankyou:

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »

Roobee - I got a very helpful belt from Amazon - it helped immeasurably when I could barley move due to sciatica. Try googling  "Sacroiliac SI Joint Hip Belt - Durable Anti-Slip Pelvic and Lower Back Support Brace for Men and Women - Pain Relief for Sciatica, Pelvis, Lumbar, Nerve and Leg Pain - Stabilizing Compression"

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 03:47:40 PM »

:thankyou:  mine made sure that I sat and bent correctly.  Did U use it at night? 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 04:06:15 PM »

Well said - DH used a TENs machine for a back muscle years ago with some success.   :thankyou:

You are most welcome. :)

Roobee

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 04:29:54 PM »

Roobee - I got a very helpful belt from Amazon - it helped immeasurably when I could barley move due to sciatica. Try googling  "Sacroiliac SI Joint Hip Belt - Durable Anti-Slip Pelvic and Lower Back Support Brace for Men and Women - Pain Relief for Sciatica, Pelvis, Lumbar, Nerve and Leg Pain - Stabilizing Compression"

Thank you i will have a look at that 👍🏻

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 08:45:38 PM »

How are you all doing?  I took 'nurofen' at 11.00 p.m. so didn't wake with deep thigh pain and numbness in the R foot until 7.30 a.m. 

I am being careful when cleaning or gardening; foot wear is appropriate; I have no problems getting into or out of the bath  :-\.  Apart from lower back ache .......