Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Post covid shenanigans  (Read 1398 times)

CrispyChick

Post covid shenanigans
« on: December 15, 2021, 02:43:23 PM »

Anyone post covid with ongoing symptoms???

The first 2 weeks of covid were manageable. Now, at the 4 week mark I'm getting sore throats every 5 days or so (no biggie) but I've got a horrifically achy back. Like a fluey feeling in my back. Not like a muscle pull. It's really getting to me. Had it for 2 weeks now.

I've no temp. Feel cold a lot. No cough, no nose issues.

Anyone shed any light on this? Experienced this??? Coincidentally a new viral thing maybe???  2 weeks seems a long time to have it if its a different virus. Sigh.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post covid shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:52:52 PM »

Have you taken any pain relief and/or cold remedies to ease symptoms?

My nephew is being investigated for long-covid, with blood tests and breathing tests.  He was at home, felt awful, no hospitalisation.  'flu can leave the body tired, I remember in 1989 after it was 3-4 weeks B4 I realised that I felt better  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 01:05:04 AM »

One of the common symptoms of Omicron is low back pain and a sore throat. Not always a fever. Could you have now picked up Omicron separately?

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 04:28:24 PM »

One of the common symptoms of Omicron is low back pain and a sore throat. Not always a fever. Could you have now picked up Omicron separately?

Taz x
Not really a sore throat in my case. Just mildly scratchy and it didn't last more than 48 hours.