Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment  (Read 6736 times)

loonarider

Re: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2021, 09:12:27 AM »

Well done loonarider.  Hope you managed to sleep after posting & that any lingering side effects will be very mild.  :medal: for bravery.

Dierdre, how are you?
Wx

I'm very well thanks, was released from isolation 2 days early due to new rules and 2 clear negative tests. So now I'm enjoying being with my family for Christmas.

I've missed so many posts. Also hope you're doing OK Deidre and thanks for all your input.  :)

loonarider

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »

Hi all,

Good news is I'm not dead!

The chest tightness did die down eventually, I think it was a reaction to the vaccine mixed with some anxiety which the latter is not new to me.

Had an insatiable appetite, I just couldn't stop eating. Literally after putting food in my mouth 10 mins later I almost felt like I've beens starved to death. Glad I'm not the only one Roobee!

Nearly 72hrs in and the cravings have slowly subsided just in time for Christmas! Ha ha  ;)

Was very short of breath this morning, but I really do think it's anxiety and not going to worry myself about that.

Just glad I'm over the worst of it now and hoping for calm seas into Christmas.

I'm going to enjoy a glass of red and a German biscuit at midday since it's Christmas Eve and all!

I thank you ladies again for all the support and encouragement throughout this year!

Wishing you all a happy, safe and healthy Christmas and a New Year with lots of great memories!

Take care all xxx :) :) :) :) :)

Wrensong

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2021, 09:43:21 AM »

That's great news Dierdre,  I hope you have a lovely time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »

Do report the increase in appetite on the Yellow Card system.   Enjoy that biscuit!

Great new Diedre!

Lyncola

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2021, 08:50:07 AM »

I’m booked in next Wednesday for my Moderna booster shot. I live in Australia, a week ago they changed it to 5 months after your second Covid shot. But I got cheeky and booked it for four months and it payed off. But 31st January it will change to 3 months.

My first two was Pfizer, felt nothing with the first, sore are for the day with the second. Had over 700 cases today in Queensland, the worst we have ever been. We are now have open boarders and are determined not to go into lockdown again. In Queensland we are over 80% double vacated.
And yes 700 is very low compared to the UK, that’s because our state government closed are boarders. And as soon as we had one case we went into lockdown. Until we were 80% double vacated and then they have open our borders and now we are just living with it.

Can’t wait for the world to go back to normal and I can do holidays overseas.

sweettooth

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2022, 12:35:31 PM »

Loonraider, Holidaylover, sorry to hear of your after effects!  I had palpitations also after my Pfizer but only morning ones whic I had before I began my hrt.  My question is are your palpitations at various times of the day?  I’m putting mine down to hormones in the mornings, I’m on a beta blocker.  Many thanks x

holidaylover

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2022, 12:58:37 PM »

Hi sweettooth
There doesn't seem to be any particular time of the day really but I have just had a terrible night (lying in bed).  My palpitations were accompanied by what I think may be either an ulcer or hiatus hernia, (and I'm really just clutching at straws here) and I'm waiting an appointment for an endoscopy. I also am taking a beta blocker (and a PPI) which seems to be helping some of the time but certainly did nothing for me yesterday.  The palpitations seem to be worse when I lie on my side.  They make me panic and makes the whole situation worse.  Had some Gaviscon Advance through the night but that's done nothing either.  I have a bit of a sore throat this morning and a really dry mouth so wondering if that's acid.  Had a few too many wines over the weekend so it may be that.  The doctor(male) said that I could try HRT after the endoscopy if nothing shows.  He was full of praise for Menopause Matters which was nice.  He said I could have a blood test for magnesium deficiency too, as a lack of such can cause palpitations.  They are very worrying and exhausting.  All this is doing nothing for my health anxiety. Whatever the cause something needs done, I don't feel I can go on like this. 

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2022, 01:08:18 PM »

Alcohol is a depressant, to be avoided - many find that they are unable to tolerate any once they go into peri..

How is your breathing pattern, shallow breaths encourages anxiety so it feeds itself.  Get the blood tests done and decide which symptom you need to ease, worry is exhausting.

holidaylover

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2022, 01:34:47 PM »

CLKD, All my bloods were fine, just waiting on the endoscopy appointment.  I asked about blood test regarding hormones, and he told be that because of my age (57) they would not test but just start me on HRT.  How do they know what I need? 

sweettooth

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2022, 02:20:46 PM »

Hi Holidaylover, sounds like you need tests to rule things out.

Mine is just mornings which is linked to hormones, it’s just getting peace from it all whatever the cause. X

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2022, 02:46:49 PM »

Hormone blood tests are reliably unreliable  ::) because levels alter all the while.

Symptoms can give an idea as to what might be required, but it can be Trial and Error!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]