Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment  (Read 7202 times)

loonarider

Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment
« on: December 14, 2021, 06:53:18 AM »

Hey,

*No scare stories please as I have panic disorder and GAD.

I am due to have the Pfizer Booster next Wednesday and unsurprisingly I'm worried about side-effects. I feel psitive about having the vaccine and aware of its importance especially with Omicron running riot.

Quick recap. I had 2 doses of Astrazeneca beginning May 2021. I had developed horrible long lasting headaches that I still deal with, and where I'd ended up in hospital quite a few times as it was unbearable (I still find it hard to lie down at night due to the pressure on my head). It actually made me very depressed where I felt like ending it. 

In the end as more info came out - my doctor as myself suspected some sort of vaccine induced neuroinflammation, which I was told would pass (and that it only happened to very few-unfortunately I was that few), but it hasn't completely. It's still there in the background, just not as severe.

Anyhow, since one of the common side effects are headaches with the Pfizer I am worried it's going to exacerbate things and yes also worried about myocarditis. I am aware that the latter is extremely rare, but when you're like me who suffers with irrational fears, those statistics go out the window. Not to mention suffering with he rare side effect of neuroinflammation and anything possible right? Will I be unlucky again? Is what I ask myself.

I need to get s grip. The thing is, I will get the vaccine, but I just know I'll go into full blown panic for days after or even weeks which I'm not looking forward to. Not to mention Christmas will be a few days after and what if I'm bed ridden with side effects.

Was wondering whether j should postpone to a later date (after Christmas), but Omicron is about and a threat so maybe a bad idea and that too causes me to be anxious. A lot is out of my control.

I keep hearing that people felt like crap after the booster, I can handle mild temp changes, nausea, etc but the racing heart, palpitations and headaches are what scare me ???

Anyway, I don't know what I'm asking, I guess I just need to know it won't be that bad. :(

Dierdre

Re: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:20:12 AM »

I had two Astra and had side effects but everyone i know that had Pfizer was fine. I was also booked in for after Christmas but have cancelled and bookked for next week. Im more scared of covid than the vaccine side effects, i had Covid in March 2020 during the first lockdown and wouldnt want to go there again. My taste is still dodgy and certain things taste like the smell of acetate. The Pfizer is a different vaccine and you might not have any side effects at all this time. Im going away 2 days after so hope we're both ok.👍

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 07:29:43 AM »

I had 2 Astra Zeneca and had Pfizer booster 2 weeks ago with no side effects 😊. I was fine xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 07:34:13 AM »

I have fibro and had a flare of symptoms after both vaccines (Pfizer) but had no reaction at all to the booster. Fingers crossed you will be the same. It's such a stressful time we are living through and any anxieties are bound to be heightened but try to concentrate on the good effects of the vaccine. Be kind to yourself and use all of your calming and mindfulness techniques which I'm sure you are well practiced at.

I believe the headache which might happen with Pfizer has a different cause to the Astra Zeneca and is not linked to neuro inflammation but more the type of headache you get with a slight fever.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 08:49:58 AM »

Headaches can be caused by dehydration. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 09:03:27 AM »

I just read this great article about seeing the three jabs as an Education for the body, to help it understand and gain knowledge. The first is like primary school where everything is new, there's a lot of change and much to learn. Then comes secondary where what has been learned so far is developed and sophisticated, becoming selective in what to target. The third jab is compared to university where so much knowledge can be pulled together in a highly intelligent way, really working hard at specific understanding and acting on that understanding. I hope this helps you. You're about to "graduate". Into safety.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:16:22 AM by Postmeno3 »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 09:18:19 AM »

I like that scenario  :thankyou:

U can of course discuss your concerns B4 you get the jab with the vaccinator.  When we had our boosters 3 weeks ago, we were given in-depth advice. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »

I think I just focused on the CAKE I was going to have afterwards.....and what a generous heart was sitting opposite me, with all that could be going on in her own life, giving ME her precious time to get me safe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:52:25 AM by Postmeno3 »

Tinkerbell

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »

My first two were Pfizer, first one i just had sore arm, second dose i had symptoms for 8 hours, a bit like i was about to come down with a cold. Last week i had Modena booster, again sore arm and very similiar symptoms to my second Pfizer but they lasted about 12 hours.

My teen daughter is in roup 6 because of a heart defect, she has had two Pfizer, she was not brilliant after second, vomitted once, shivers and palpitations. She was fine after a day on sofa with the cat!

I didn't get a headache except with the Moderna. Think my daughter may have done with second Pfizer.

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2021, 10:38:07 AM »

loonarider, you say you will have the booster regardless of your very understandable fears - give yourself a big pat on the back for that, you are doing the right thing & it takes guts in your circs.  I don't know anyone who's reacted badly to either Pfizer or Moderna.   :hug:

Our boosters booked more than a month ago but first appt we could get was for tomorrow.  Had AZ for jabs 1&2, rough after first - headache, fever, nausea, widespread muscle aches, but only for 24 hrs.  Nothing to speak of after 2nd.  Hoping not to react much to tomorrow's booster as I have an appt Thurs I can't afford to miss :o.

Lovely sentiments Postmeno3.
Wx

sheila99

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2021, 10:41:34 AM »

Ist 2 were AZ, booster Pfizer. Headache and shivers that night, slightly nauseous the next morning, felt rough that day, less so on day 2. Better than AZ side effects for me.

Aprilflower

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 11:21:41 AM »

loonarider, you say you will have the booster regardless of your very understandable fears - give yourself a big pat on the back for that, you are doing the right thing & it takes guts in your circs.  I don't know anyone who's reacted badly to either Pfizer or Moderna.   :hug:

Our boosters booked more than a month ago but first appt we could get was for tomorrow.  Had AZ for jabs 1&2, rough after first - headache, fever, nausea, widespread muscle aches, but only for 24 hrs.  Nothing to speak of after 2nd.  Hoping not to react much to tomorrow's booster as I have an appt Thurs I can't afford to miss :o.

Lovely sentiments Postmeno3.
Wx

I had two AZs and then the Moderna.

Was very reluctant to have the booster but went ahead.  Had a funny turn after and had a doctor sitting with me for 30 minutes after.  Didn't feel well for 2 days and not completely right until this week (2 & a half weeks later).  kept having dizzy spaced out spells. 

Unlikely I will have anymore. 

holidaylover

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »

Postmeno3, That's very good.
loonarider, I feel for you and I am in exactly the same situation.  My booster is booked for next Monday and I can honestly say I am scared.  I suffer panic disorder and anxiety too and lately my health anxiety is out the window.  The past three days I have had really frightening headaches (well, odd and sudden stabbing shooting pains at the side of my head that stop me in my track).  My husband just shrugs his shoulders and says he gets that all the time, but I immediately think brain haemorrage/tumour etc.  I know I should sit calmly and think rational thoughts, but that's easier said than done.  I had Pfizer vaccine with my first two.  I had made up my mind I wouldn't take the AZ because of my fears with blood clots.  I was relieved when I got the Pfizer, but I have had palpitations ever since. (I'm not trying to scare you, just being honest).  The majority of people seem to have no effects after their jabs, but there are definately some who do.   I didn't have headaches after either jabs though.  Still waiting after 7 months for 24 Hr heart monitor results, but ECG's and blood tests were all fine.  The palpitations are most likely to be a coincidence and caused by something else, gastric issues which I am having, or lack of magnesium or hormones, or any of those combined with my anxiety, and yet I know what it's like to focus on only the worst case scenario.  My friend had her booster last week, said she felt horrendous after, but I just walked 6 miles with her yesterday and she is back to normal.  I am now convinced that I will be ill all over Christmas, so again, like you, I wonder whether I should reschedule.  I know I will also convince myself that the symptoms I  experience after the jab will be life threatening whether they are or not.  It's just how someone with an overactive, nervous mind works, and I really dont think anything can change that.  I'm sure your doctor, knowing of your previous experience with the first two jabs would advise you against the booster if he thought there would be a problem so that should be some comfort.  I keep thinking what life will be like if I dont take the booster, unable to get a vaccine passport, (if that's the way we go), shut away from society, etc., and I try to tell myself what would be worse,  a life with so many restrictions, or a life with some palpitations that may be fixable.  I tell myself quite often to 'get a grip' but rarely listen to myself!!  What does help sometimes is me knowing the number who are vaccinated, seeing all the people in queues at vaccination centres, and thinking how, out of all these people, (who seem so calm and eager to be vaccinated) I was the one who was really worried about what side effects I might get, and right on cue , I was the one who got the side effects.   It does seem quite unlikely really.   I'm at doctors on Friday to get results of heart test.  If all is well I shall take the booster on Monday, but even then, no amount of reassurance will make me worry less about any side effects I may get. I feel for you, I really do, it's all just such an awful situation.  I've had my symptoms for seven or eight months now and I'm still alive, so are you.  If we dont take the vaccine we may not be alive seven or eight months from now.  We should, most probably, just go for it and then whatever symptoms we may get, deal with them after.  Wishing you well

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »

If you would worry less by postponing then do so.  However, omicron is virulent in the community ........ it us easy to blame other feelings on the jabs., whereas they may have occurred without. 

Have you taken any pain relief for symptoms?  Keeping hydrated can stop headaches.  As can making sure that your pillow is comfortable and footwear appropriate.  The body will compensate from top to bottom which impacts on all muscle groups so if your neck is sore after sleeping then ....... and if footwear is not suitable it will impact on the way up.  Especially as we age!

What is the worst that could happen?  Take a list of your worries to the appt. on Friday and discuss. 

GynaikeĆ­os

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2021, 02:22:48 PM »

I had sore, heavy arm for each jab. Az, AZ, Pfizer. It was better by day three afterwards.

The queue for the booster was long, so I wished I had brought a book and my power pack to top up my phone with. My legs ached. I should have taken the folding stool with long legs. Sitting down for 15 minutes after the jab was something to aim for which brought down my anxiety levels. They do watch to see if you are OK 👍

I had CAKE to look forward to afterwards like others in this thread which helped to think about too  ;)

A painkiller before bedtime helped. Made sure I had water and tea to drink so no headache from the whole experience.

A breathing exercise helped me when I felt anxiety... https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wc07

I recommend this to everyone who gets anxious.

With best wishes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5