Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Venlafaxine  (Read 9139 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Venlafaxine
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2021, 06:37:49 PM »

Apparently you can take Martazapine with venlafaxine, I’ve seen it a lot through my research, but best to ask your dr.

That awful fight or flight feeling is just so exhausting, it’s just horrible to be suffering from it so much.

I really hope you get sorted soon Nas, xx

Nas

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2021, 06:52:18 PM »

Thanks Suzy
You are right, fight or flight is brutal and I’m sick of it now.

Will start my mirtazapine tonight, see how I get on, then maybe request another drug later on, depending on how I’m feeling. I’ve got to get this driving under control ASAP xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 09:36:20 AM »

How did you get on Nas?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2021, 11:12:45 AM »

Even though I know that flight/fight is normal, 4 me it's so overwhelming and the physicality floors me  :'(

Nas

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2021, 03:14:30 PM »

Still haven’t taken it Suzy!
I’m scared!
I’m on half term from work next week and wondering whether to hold out until then?   

How are you? X

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2021, 03:18:49 PM »

Yep.  If you haven't any plans for half term, do try.  R U better when on holiday?

Suzysheep

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 01:44:03 PM »

My anxiety is so much better already, but I’m still struggling with side effects. Generally tired and a bit foggy brained. But I feel there’s light at the end of the tunnel now xx

Good idea to start it in the holidays x

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2021, 10:11:08 AM »

Hi Nas, I have been given sertraline by my GP but have been reluctant to start as I am having "mop up" chemo now for post bowel cancer tumour removal in July.
My anxiety is off the scale after a horrible year losing my Mum and then the diagnosis/surgery....and am feeling shaky, heart pounding and so tired and nauseous, so still not sure what to do?

Constant fight or flight all the time, it's exhausting. Already on Atenolol 25mg for anxiety and am on transdermal HRT and Utrogestan.

Think I need another chat with my GP??
Hope everyone in the same position gets the help soon xx

Nas

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:33 PM »

Hi Julia,
I’m sorry to hear of your cancer diagnosis, I do hope you are recovering well from surgery etc? I had breast cancer many years ago and also had chemo afterwards. It’s a roller coaster journey for sure xx

You are dealing with a lot right now and It’s bound to take its toll on your body and brain. What HRT are you on ? Maybe it needs tweaking?

The sertraline may help to take the edge off things a bit?

Chemo is exhausting, you must be kind to yourself.

All the best
Nas x

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2021, 07:41:16 PM »

If your GP is aware of your chemical mix then why not try the Sertraline?  Why suffer ?  If it doesn't t help after 3-4 weeks you can stop.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2021, 10:03:14 AM »

Thank you, I took a sertraline yesterday and felt so ill/weird all day and night with bad dreams, so sick, shaky, the runs, can't eat (which I have to to take the chemo tablets) so am not taking any more! My body isn't coping well with the chemo never mind chucking something else at it! Glad you are on the other side of it now Nas, what a journey. I am nearly 15 weeks post op so getting there with that side of things.
Erkkk it's all an absolute nightmare :'(

CherrySG

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2021, 06:44:07 AM »

Apparently you can take Martazapine with venlafaxine, I’ve seen it a lot through my research, but best to ask your dr.

That awful fight or flight feeling is just so exhausting, it’s just horrible to be suffering from it so much.

I really hope you get sorted soon Nas, xx

Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine combination has a nickname, it is so well-known: California Rocket Fuel  :)

Didn't want to sound flippant, I've been on and off meds myself for 10 years or so, and hope everyone on here gets some peace of mind, by whatever means.

Nas

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »

Cherry, do you think venlaflaxine and mirtazapine are a lethal combination? I haven’t taken anything yet, still too scared!

Suzy, hows it going? X
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:08:05 PM by Nas »

Gnatty

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 04:04:24 PM »

Nas, bless you, why not take a mirtazapine tonight, you might find you get the best night sleep in a long long time. And tomorrow you might just find your anxiety is a little less. You have half term now so it's an ideal time for you. Any drowsy start up effects can then happen over the next ten days or so. It just about has the least start up effects, I can vouch for that. Imagine if you were put on pills for any other condition that you had to take. You would just take them and put up with the initial side effects. It's the same for ADs. X

Nas

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 04:12:26 PM »

Thanks Gnatty,
I know, I need a good kick up the backside, trying to soldier on, but really, I just want to sleep and feel rested the next day.

Okay, tonight’s the night I take the mirtazapine!

The fight or flight feeling Gnatty, is that low oestrogen still? Feels like body is on alert all the time. Driving on  fast bendy lanes, oh god they are hell! I need to take something!

Xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9