Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New weird symptom?  (Read 2718 times)

gm_thomson

New weird symptom?
« on: September 19, 2021, 02:31:20 PM »

So i had an anxiety attack last night which was brought on by this weird symptom and I wondered if anyone else had it… I have noticed my anxiety seems worse at night when I am lying on the sofa in front of the tv. But I am also having it triggered by this weird.. jolt (for want of a better word). I get this sudden feeing of a brief blackout. Split second. And I panic after it happens cos its so weird. Last night I also had a twinge in my neck first, briefly, then the blackout feeling, then back to normal (albeit very anxious). I wonder if its some form of hot flash as often i get a weird pressure in my head, dizzy feeling, and then the hot flash heat etc.  I also wonder if this is just another anxiety thing. Its every couple weeks and lasts like a split second. Or something to do with low blood pressure lying down in front of the tv? Or tiredness? Or a neck spasm?

Anyone else get these weird mini blackout things? (FYI i have a number of tests coming up on my heart plus a doctor appointment on the 29th when I will be sure to mention it).

As usual I am panicking that its something serious… trying to persuade myself its horse not camel…

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New weird symptom?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »

It may be that you drop off to sleep very briefly and are jolted awake. 

gm_thomson

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 05:40:34 PM »

Yeah I wondered about that too. I am quasi sitting up but it still could happen.

gm_thomson

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 10:28:52 PM »

Ok so now should I be worried cos nobody else has this symptom??? !

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 10:41:22 PM »

Well, this sounds suspiciously similar in some ways to the head feelings I had 2 years ago (before HRT) which have just returned in the last week.  Weird feeling in the back of the neck, zappy feeling in the head, as if moving my neck caused a zap in my head, this description isn't really that good, it's an odd thing and there are lot of weird sensations with it each time.  But reading what you wrote it sounded at the very least similar. 

yes best to get checked but you know that, if all tests are normal (all mine were) that at least will reassure you  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:38:00 AM »

Try not 2 worry ........... it may be that others that don't drop by here have similar.  I get head zaps, sudden electric currants running through the scalp which go immediately  ::). 'normal for me'. 

I also have a nerve in the back of the neck which becomes trapped occasionally, giving a weird sudden feeling which makes me to 'oh!' - then it's gone.  Again 'normal for me'.

Jillm

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 11:43:55 PM »

Yes I have had something similar. I describe it as a head bomb. I will suddenly be jolted awake with what is like a bomb going off in my head and I then lie awake in complete panic thinking it will happen again if I close my eyes.
It is horrible, if it helps any the instances of it happening have lessened in the last few months.
I hope this helps reassure you. I definitely  feel it is hormone related.

Wannabewell

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 08:52:50 AM »

I get a similar thing happening and sometimes the act of turning my head, leaning back on chair or brushing teeth triggers it. It also occasionally feels like I get a snap type sensation at base of skull where neck connects and is very scary.

I get jolts/zaps in head occasionally and sometimes they are part of or trigger migraine.

Also get electric shock sensation on top of scalp.

They don’t happen often and don’t last long. But, scary.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:54:32 AM by Wannabewell »

Floo36

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 09:44:00 AM »

Low and fluctuating Estrogen can give us some weird scary symptoms.  I get electric zap type things randomly in my head or body and jolts when trying to sleep. 

gm_thomson

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 12:19:43 AM »

Ok cool thanks cos its very scary….