Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

What have you found is the best Weight loss plan since hitting peri/menopause?

<< < (9/9)

LadyCC:

--- Quote from: Ana21 on September 30, 2021, 04:55:26 PM ---Perinowpost, my diet works for me because I don't have to be disciplined.  I hesitate to call it a "diet" because it's just a matter of my personal food choices, so it's easy.  I think it's how we eat 90% of the time that really matters, so I'm not a fanatic.   If a small child gives me a cookie or a candy, I'm going to eat it and enjoy it because life is too short to miss those special moments.  I rarely drink alcohol, not because I have anything against alcohol, but because it can trigger inflammation and joint pain.  But if someone really wants me to taste a particular wine or cocktail, I'll have a few sips.  I'll have a drink on special occasions for the joy of clinking glasses.

LadyCC, I hope you find your estrogen happy place.  I hope we all do.  It's such a struggle to find the right balance.  I haven't been absorbing the patch, so I've started oral estrogen this week.  Fortunately, I haven't experienced the anxiety that so often accompanies low estrogen.  I've been wondering whether I have my diet to thank for that.  Keep us posted on your journey.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your well wishes Ana21,

Just had a blood test for hormones with a focus on oestrogen and progesterone so hope they are a revelation and can provide much needed answers!  Will let you know once I have had them back and have met with the Integrated practitioner

LadyCC:

--- Quote from: Rosebush on October 01, 2021, 11:22:08 AM ---I too try and cut down on carbs 'most days' and i can keep my weight down with exercise, which for me is just a long walk, any special occasion, meal at friends house etc we attend, i just eat what's on offer, but do still try and have a smaller portion if its carb loaded....so not a low diet as such just cut out were i can..

Nearer to my 90days holiday i do keep carbs really low and can lose 7lbs in 10-12days...

Lady CC sending you a huge this blooming menopause is horrible, i had no real weight issues until my periods stopped at 55 now 72  i am 1.5st heavier, i eat far less and move far more..xx

--- End quote ---

Thank you for you message Rosebush - Yes the menopause is just horrible, im being continually challenged.  Its so maddening that I cannot lose at the moment because I guess my hormones are not 'happy' - I hear you when you say you are heavier whilst eating less and moving more - Are you actively trying to lose weight now?. 

Some people seem to get to grips with this and can manage it.  I hardly see any women on tv over a certain age succumb, certainly not to the weight part of it though many are revealing that they have many of the other symptoms.  I wonder why this is for some women and not others? - surely its not just about money because many women that I have come in to contact with have had to pay at some point for additional support. 

Rosebush:
Lady CC I watch what i eat everyday, and i know if i have 2 items that contain carbs i will gain up to a pound, i am between a size 12 - 14 top and a 14 dress, but it has to be A line, as all my extra weight is on my tum & hips, i have only found during last 5 months 2 summer dress that fit me! so frustrating when i see ladies in lovely dresses, and i wish i could just be a normal size 12 again :'(

My sister is barely a size 10 and her weight hasn't changed since her 20's infact she is a few pounds lighter and try's hard to 'gain' weight, her GP gave her a high calorie diet sheet, and still she's not gained! some women bless them have no problems even after meno ??? xx

LadyCC:

--- Quote from: Rosebush on October 01, 2021, 02:59:21 PM ---Lady CC I watch what i eat everyday, and i know if i have 2 items that contain carbs i will gain up to a pound, i am between a size 12 - 14 top and a 14 dress, but it has to be A line, as all my extra weight is on my tum & hips, i have only found during last 5 months 2 summer dress that fit me! so frustrating when i see ladies in lovely dresses, and i wish i could just be a normal size 12 again :'(

My sister is barely a size 10 and her weight hasn't changed since her 20's infact she is a few pounds lighter and try's hard to 'gain' weight, her GP gave her a high calorie diet sheet, and still she's not gained! some women bless them have no problems even after meno ??? xx

--- End quote ---

Snap! the weight is on my tummy and hips too.  I had a family event this year and loathe my picture being taken at the best of times but this just highligted it with me alongside slim family members where I am now twice their size because I feel I am twice the size of whats 'normal' for me.  My mum when she had me, within days she was back in size 8 clothes, it took me a year with my kids to lose the baby weight so I feel you when you say about your sister comparatively.  The one thing I will say is that at least you are able to 'manage' your weight but I completely understand that you are not where you want to be.  Hopefully things will settle for you too and your body will be receptive to your efforts in a more sustained way  :)

Julila:
My problem is that I cannot stop eating in the evening. The thing is when you stop eating your brain still want to get more energy and you cannot stop. It is also possible because after your meal you do not have to do something. So I decided to find an activity after the meal - I started learning cycling. I use it, call my family for the help and I do not think about the food. When I am not feeling well, I read interesting detective stories. So the decision is to find something to do after meal. If I do not want to go outside, I just use this treadmill for walking at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version