Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with poor sleeping  (Read 626786 times)

juliamd

Re: Tell us how you cope with poor sleeping
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2008, 06:15:29 AM »

Hi Micki
never thought of that, about the only good effect it had then ;D, cos i felt hungover most of yesterday.
poppins

DIPSY

« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »

Poppins naughty dreams much better than a nightmare, do  tell did it involve some gorgeous hunk  ;D ;D Love Dipsyxx

juliamd

« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2008, 05:52:41 PM »

oh yes, definately a gorgeous hunk--------------hubby ;D ;D ;D
didnt tell him tho,    shows he could improve on performance if he put his mind to it. :wub:
poppins

psycho

« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »

For the last two weeks I have woken up every 45 minutes after going to bed. While I'm literally lying boiling with the duvet kicked off, my hubby is blue with the cold so opening a window is not an option.

This is an odd suggestion but it worked for me in the recent spate of really hot weather a few weeks ago: fill a hot water bottle with cold water, put it in the fridge for an hour or two before bedtime and then lie in bed with your feet on it! I find if my feet are too hot or too cold, I can't sleep and for some reason my feet have a different thermostat setting to the rest of me! Cooling them down worked a treat and seemed to cool the rest of me at the same time.

Tricia

« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »

Thanks Psycho, that sounds like a great idea......I think I might give it a try.....I also find that if my feet are hot then so am I and if I can keep my feet cool then I can get to sleep quite easily.

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

supermum

« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »

I have been very down because of sleeplessness and hot flushes and night sweats, also major loss of libido. Over many years I tried testosterone implants which helped for a while and various HRT pills. I felt very depressed when talking kilofem and put on weight so I stopped and all my symptoms came back with a vengeance. I discussed all of this with the consultant at the hospital and am now on Livial and testosterone patches. I feel a lot better, my libido is better, I am sleeping with few wake ups and my hot flushes are non existent. I also have taken up on joga and always fall asleep in the relaxation part of the class!! When I have trouble sleeping I do some simple yoga exercises and find I can go to sleep. My family think this is funny as I may do the exercises in the bathroom, on the landing, in the dark but it seems to work. :)

Tricia

« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »

Hi Supermum  :welcomemm:

Welcome to our Menopause madhouse, we are a slightly mad group of chicks going through am exceptional period (pardon the oun ;D) in our lives, make yourself at home, have a good look round and join in whenever you feel like it.  There is always a shoulder to cry on or someone to give you support when you need it.

I was just laughing at your comment about yoga not that I am being horrid to you just that if I tried to do yoga I would end up having the whole house awake trying to get back out of some of the positions  ;D ;D ;D

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

carrs

« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2008, 02:37:24 PM »

Welcome from me as well, supermum.

Regarding poor sleeping - I usually wake up a couple of times and am often awake by 4 or 5 in the morning. Night sweats are a small problem at the moment - not a major one.
More recently I have been waking up feeling stiff, with backache and hip pains and take a few minutes to get moving.

The thing is - I've started wondering if I need a new, softer mattress. I have just bought a really expensive one in the sales, and it will be delivered soon.
 I hope I am not clutching at straws, but I have been finding my mattress too firm recently.

Has anyone else found that a new mattress has helped??

Carrie x

Ellen

« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »

Hi Carrie,

I got a feather bed from QVC - it's like a duvet you lie on top of - and it's so cosy.  I call it my nest and love going to bed.  It really helped with my stiff back in the mornings.

Ellen xx

Micki

« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

DH bought us one of those foam mattress toppers, I must admit I sleep so much better on it, I don't seem to toss and turn as much as I used to
Micki x

beachy

« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »

Hi Guys........I'm new and @ present I can't cope with poor sleeping but found you lot this morning so think from NOW I may be able to..........For the first time ever re: menopause I am ENJOYING myself and as I've said at least three times already, I am smiling as   http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/Themes/default/images/post/cheesy.gif all your own experiences are putting the wonderful perspective on two of mine in particular as quite "normal" - A genuinely FANTASTIC site ladies!

regards to all,
b.

lillybee

« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2008, 04:13:11 PM »

A friend recommended the Chillo from Amazon and it works for me. It is a slim pillow you fill with water and then seal. It stays cool for ages but it can come up to your temperature if it is really hot at night. I like it when I get in bed it is so cool on my neck and face. It sits on top of your normal pillow or inside the slip. I leave it on top of the bed in the day so it stays cool and flat. Like the cold water bottle at the feet idea as I get hot feet too. I can so sympathise with all of us on here, the lack of sleep is the worst thing. I was waking up boiling hot and drenched 2-3 times at night. My GP gave me amytripiline (excuse spelling) I only took one every few days when I got desperate but it was bliss to get a real ggod sleep. I am on HRT now and thankfully, touch wood, the night sweats have stopped.

luvdogs

« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

i have started sleeping in the raw ;D it has helped me i stand at the window before i go to bed and it cools me down

luvdogs

« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »

oops better explain i live on a farm in the middle of nowhere so im only scareing a few sheep ::)

Taz2

« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2008, 05:11:32 PM »

;D ;D ;D  I've always slept in the raw I must admit - can't bear anything on in bed and the whole of my family is the same  :ola:

Love Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46