Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with poor sleeping  (Read 627415 times)

Bette

Re: Tell us how you cope with poor sleeping
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »

Hi Lel
 :welcomemm:
Lack of sleep was one of my horrible peri symptoms - unbearable. HRT was the answer for me, though not for everyone, I know.
You might get missed in the middle of an existing thread so why not start a new topic in "New Members?" I know that more will want to welcome you.  :)
Bette x

lel123

« Reply #346 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:13 PM »

Hi and Thanks for your welcomes.
Taz, Im havent had a period since december, and before then they were maybe every 2 to 3 months, so guessing its early days.
I will pluck up the courage to go to new members sometime and say hi.
Thanks again
x

Taz2

« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »

Hi Lel - yes do pop over and say Hi in the New Members section. More members can welcome you then and you may find someone who has missed your post here but can offer advice.

taz  :)

Dallas

« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2011, 03:27:14 AM »

Another member of the wide awake club here. ::)

I don't have any problems getting to sleep - but will wake 2-3 times a night with hot flushes and now and again I struggle to get back to sleep. 

I do have some Zopiclone from the Dr - but the other half hates me taking it as I am out for the count and he panics that he wouldn't be able to wake me if there was a fire or something.  But I am getting desperate now. 

Taz2

« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2011, 11:31:56 AM »

Have any of you found that you actually adapt to less sleep? I used to get to sleep ok but then wake up early. I found that by going to bed later this made a lot of difference. I need around five hours a night to function nowadays. If I went to bed at 11 I would wake at  4 and be really annoyed. Now I go to bed at 1 and wake at 6 which suits me fine. HRT doesn't make that much difference to the overall amount of sleep I get but I believe the sleep I do get is more restful than when I am not on HRT.

Taz x

Trey

« Reply #350 on: May 08, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »

Does anyone take an afternoon nap to make up for poor sleep?  I can't because I feel so lethargic if I do happen to fall asleep during the day.

Taz2

« Reply #351 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »

Daytime napping is definitely a "no no" for me too. I feel dreadful when I wake up and then can't sleep at night. I know that sleeping in the day can be one of the reasons for insomnia - seems like a vicious cycle to me!

Taz x

jumpingju

« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »

:o I think my sleep patterns are still tied in with my once menstrual cycle because when I had my period I had erratic sleep, other than that I sleep pretty well and very heavily. It takes me a long time to get to sleep now though whereas it didn't before the menopause set in. Any sleep I can get I'm thankful for. If I have a bad night I take it easy the next day (self preservation, learned from getting all those damned migraines!)

palmahy93

« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »

I am facing problem of disturbed sleep for last one year. I have dinner two hours before going to bed. I have added salads and one fruit in my intake. May be stress of work is the cause of my disturbed sleep. Shall I go for pills?  :'(

jumpingju

« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »

Hi Palmahy93. Maybe you should eat your dinner more than 2 hours before you got to bed. Give it at least 4 hours if you can, it's not good to go to bed on a full stomach. I have a mug of warm milk about 2 hours before I go to bed and it seems to do the trick with helping me go off to sleep. It has something in it the same as lettuce but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it (I must be menopausal).  Have you spoken with your doctor? If you have to go for pills go for the herbal type that won't make you feel groggy in the morning. Good luck x

Bette

« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

Sorry but I sort of disagree.  :-\ By that I mean that it might not be good to go to bed on a "full" stomach but I think it's good to have a snack just before bed. My sleep problems were caused by adrenaline rushes and low blood sugar made it worse. Sometimes I even ate a banana or biscuit during the night to help with the anxiety. HRT has sorted it for me but I still make sure that I never go to bed hungry.
Bette x

palmahy93

« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:14 AM »

Hi Palmahy93. Maybe you should eat your dinner more than 2 hours before you got to bed.

I have consulted with family doctor, he suggested to have proper diet with lot of fruits. Since I am weak , right now he has suggested  to take some iron + vitamin B complex with B 12 tablets and not to for sleeping pills right now. I will ask him about this herbal pills.

seraphina

« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »

I have put down my hellish sleeping to starting when my late husband got ill. But I don't think so now. I think I may of been in the first throws of meno pause and nobody realised.
I do not cope at all well with my lack of sleep.
I have been prescribed zopiclone for years. I periodically cut them down and almost stop them so they will work again for a few weeks.
My GP does not take it seriously at all
sleep depravation is a dreadful thing.

Dallas

« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2011, 08:12:45 AM »

Lack of sleep was almost sending me into breakdown mode.  I was prescribed Zopiclone by the GP and it was wonderful to get a decent night's sleep.  However, my OH was not happy with me taking them as I was almost in a coma and he was scared he wouldn't be able to wake me up if there was a fire.

My lack of sleep is caused by being woken by hot flushes.  I wake, have a drink then an hour later I would wake again and need a pee!  Plus when I was sleeping, it wasn't deep sleep.  A badger farting in the next county would have woken me up. 

I have tried sage, serenity cream amongst other things.  My Doctor is reluctant to put me on HRT and I am fine with this.

Recently I have been sleeping better.  I bought a "wicking" T-shirt from one of those outdoor clothing type shops to wear in bed and it does seem to help with the temperature control.

The other thing I have done is cut out refined sugar.  No cakes, sweets etc and oddly enough this does seem to help.  I recently read on the internet that Japanese women don't suffer with hot flushes and this is thought to be down to their diet which is low in sugar.

It is amazing how much better I feel in the day from getting a good night's sleep. 

zodiac

« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:23 AM »

hi all
 im 44 and in peri-meno and its driving me nuts lol, and  i dont sleep especialy the week im due on, im hot, i dream constantly the herbal sleepin tablets dont help they seem to make the dreamin worse amd more real lol but i wake up constantly,
 plus havein the window open dont help i still dont sleep that good and i hear everything even with ear plugs lol i cant take hrt been told by 3 doctors who are clued up on menopause coz of the medical history of thrombosis, strokes, blood preasure and heart problems and the angus castus dont seem to wrk the sex drive has flown out of the window, moods swings are horrible i am active go to the gym 4 days aweek then to wrk, walk the dogs but i am stressed out as have 3 step kids ages 5 --9 and 10 , my own kids are grown up my youngest is 17, and my hubby dont seem to b able to cope with me either even after he has read the advice for men lol 
xx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46