Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope without HRT  (Read 141324 times)

Kathleen

Re: Tell us how you cope without HRT
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2020, 03:41:52 PM »

Hello JoanneF

I am no expert but I believe this term refers to Oestrogel, which you rub on your skin and is the oestrogen part of HRT and micronised progesterone otherwise known as Utrogestan which you can take orally or use vaginally.

I suggest you post your question again on another part of the forum where more ladies are likely to notice it.

Take care.

K

Loo53

Re: Tell us how you cope without HRT
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2021, 10:03:28 AM »

Im 67 years old and was moaning the other day about my menopause muffin top belly which I’ve spent the last 10 years trying to get rid of ( I’m ex bodybuilding) plus many other symptoms I have caused by what I see as estrogen dominance along with other metabolic problems. My 40 year old daughter was absolutely gobsmacked that I was unable to be prescribed HRT by my GP. Why she kept asking why? I explained that there is supposedly more risk at my age of various cancers with hrt but I first asked when I turned 60 and got told NO and it’s been no no no ever since. She still cannot get her head around it. I clearly have estrogen dominance now which I’ve suspected for some time plus the obvious fact that I no longer produce progesterone and have only testosterone and estrogen going on. So which is more dangerous estrogen dominance or balanced hormones? Perhaps I don’t fully understand hrt but women who get breast cancer usually have an estrogen blocker prescribed as has my friend. So why am I left with my estrogen dominance over hrt being prescribed? I was prescribed estriol vaginally but the vaginally unfriendly applicators put me off in the end and I also stopped the testrol because I was just uncomfortable taking it only having a vaginal hormone.

This is my view. I am annoyed that I’m left like this.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]