Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 321 anti-anxiety exercise  (Read 111656 times)

redrocker

• First Flush
Re: 321 anti-anxiety exercise
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »

Hi all
I havent posted for a while, and its good to touch base with you all, reading your experiences regarding anxiety has helped me as i thought ive been going a bit mad. and i really relate to anyone having to go through this.... My anxiety is also out of control, im not on any medication and was prescribed hrt last year but just didnt take it, i just had a mental block and scared myself into not taking it.

im waking up with anxiety most days, or what i think is anxiety, internally feeling like im shakey and nervous bit spaced out, butterflies feeling in tummy, this sometimes lifts after a couple of hours, but it can also stay all day and i just end up in a cycle, and at night sometimes i have actually had a couple of anxiety/panic  attacks, teeth chattering physically shaking feeling sick, emotional, tense muscles and thinking the worst, needing to wee a lot.... i definately think my anxiety is driven by a health anxiety...we are in unprecidented times and it has definately got worse over the last couple months, but in general my anxiety started 4 years ago when i stopped my periods, i have managed it up till now but its getting the better of me of late, i have today emailed my doc see what she says... mindful stuff just doesnt seem to work for me, i do try to do calm  breathing if im having a full on attack, and im lucky i have a supportive partner that wakes up with me and tries to help ground me...anxiety is awful and not good to have all the adreniline constantly going around your body, i worry it puts a strain on the heart...
thanks for letting me share my experiences
 :)

Marie200012

• First Flush
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »

I will give this a go! Thank you  :)

CherrySG

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:44 AM »

Hi all
I havent posted for a while, and its good to touch base with you all, reading your experiences regarding anxiety has helped me as i thought ive been going a bit mad. and i really relate to anyone having to go through this.... My anxiety is also out of control, im not on any medication and was prescribed hrt last year but just didnt take it, i just had a mental block and scared myself into not taking it.

im waking up with anxiety most days, or what i think is anxiety, internally feeling like im shakey and nervous bit spaced out, butterflies feeling in tummy, this sometimes lifts after a couple of hours, but it can also stay all day and i just end up in a cycle, and at night sometimes i have actually had a couple of anxiety/panic  attacks, teeth chattering physically shaking feeling sick, emotional, tense muscles and thinking the worst, needing to wee a lot.... i definately think my anxiety is driven by a health anxiety...we are in unprecidented times and it has definately got worse over the last couple months, but in general my anxiety started 4 years ago when i stopped my periods, i have managed it up till now but its getting the better of me of late, i have today emailed my doc see what she says... mindful stuff just doesnt seem to work for me, i do try to do calm  breathing if im having a full on attack, and im lucky i have a supportive partner that wakes up with me and tries to help ground me...anxiety is awful and not good to have all the adreniline constantly going around your body, i worry it puts a strain on the heart...
thanks for letting me share my experiences
 :)

Hi Red, I also suffer from extreme anxiety, so I know what a struggle it can be every day.

You don't have to suffer like this. Please give your hrt a try, and if you find you still suffer debilitating anxiety, I'd suggest seeing the doctor for some anti-anxiety medication.

Some of us need antidepressants and hrt. I'm on a decent amount of both. I pill-shamed myself for years but honestly, once you find the right combination it can give you a better quality of life.

Possibly don't take citalopram as mine stopped working when I started on hrt. There's a well-researched article online I found recently which proved diminished response to citalopram while on hrt. GPs probably won't know.

Good luck 🤞
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]