Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: 321 anti-anxiety exercise  (Read 153384 times)

redrocker

Re: 321 anti-anxiety exercise
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »

Hi all
I havent posted for a while, and its good to touch base with you all, reading your experiences regarding anxiety has helped me as i thought ive been going a bit mad. and i really relate to anyone having to go through this.... My anxiety is also out of control, im not on any medication and was prescribed hrt last year but just didnt take it, i just had a mental block and scared myself into not taking it.

im waking up with anxiety most days, or what i think is anxiety, internally feeling like im shakey and nervous bit spaced out, butterflies feeling in tummy, this sometimes lifts after a couple of hours, but it can also stay all day and i just end up in a cycle, and at night sometimes i have actually had a couple of anxiety/panic  attacks, teeth chattering physically shaking feeling sick, emotional, tense muscles and thinking the worst, needing to wee a lot.... i definately think my anxiety is driven by a health anxiety...we are in unprecidented times and it has definately got worse over the last couple months, but in general my anxiety started 4 years ago when i stopped my periods, i have managed it up till now but its getting the better of me of late, i have today emailed my doc see what she says... mindful stuff just doesnt seem to work for me, i do try to do calm  breathing if im having a full on attack, and im lucky i have a supportive partner that wakes up with me and tries to help ground me...anxiety is awful and not good to have all the adreniline constantly going around your body, i worry it puts a strain on the heart...
thanks for letting me share my experiences
 :)

Marie200012

• First Flush
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »

I will give this a go! Thank you  :)

CherrySG

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2020, 08:10:44 AM »

Hi all
I havent posted for a while, and its good to touch base with you all, reading your experiences regarding anxiety has helped me as i thought ive been going a bit mad. and i really relate to anyone having to go through this.... My anxiety is also out of control, im not on any medication and was prescribed hrt last year but just didnt take it, i just had a mental block and scared myself into not taking it.

im waking up with anxiety most days, or what i think is anxiety, internally feeling like im shakey and nervous bit spaced out, butterflies feeling in tummy, this sometimes lifts after a couple of hours, but it can also stay all day and i just end up in a cycle, and at night sometimes i have actually had a couple of anxiety/panic  attacks, teeth chattering physically shaking feeling sick, emotional, tense muscles and thinking the worst, needing to wee a lot.... i definately think my anxiety is driven by a health anxiety...we are in unprecidented times and it has definately got worse over the last couple months, but in general my anxiety started 4 years ago when i stopped my periods, i have managed it up till now but its getting the better of me of late, i have today emailed my doc see what she says... mindful stuff just doesnt seem to work for me, i do try to do calm  breathing if im having a full on attack, and im lucky i have a supportive partner that wakes up with me and tries to help ground me...anxiety is awful and not good to have all the adreniline constantly going around your body, i worry it puts a strain on the heart...
thanks for letting me share my experiences
 :)

Hi Red, I also suffer from extreme anxiety, so I know what a struggle it can be every day.

You don't have to suffer like this. Please give your hrt a try, and if you find you still suffer debilitating anxiety, I'd suggest seeing the doctor for some anti-anxiety medication.

Some of us need antidepressants and hrt. I'm on a decent amount of both. I pill-shamed myself for years but honestly, once you find the right combination it can give you a better quality of life.

Possibly don't take citalopram as mine stopped working when I started on hrt. There's a well-researched article online I found recently which proved diminished response to citalopram while on hrt. GPs probably won't know.

Good luck 🤞

Julia99

• First Flush
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »

Mindfulness exercises are good. I give them to my patients 😁

Gnatty

« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2021, 04:50:08 PM »

Try your HRT, you have nothing to lose. But be patient, it's not a quick fix and you may need to alter the dose to ease your symptoms. So try what your doc recommended for a few weeks and see how you feel. It's really helped my anxiety. I was initially prescribed anti depressants but then I came to realize (three years later) that my symptoms were caused by my hormones! So I swapped....

Noestrogen

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2021, 06:47:15 PM »

Here's the exercise my hynotherapist taught me last year to help me with anxiety and panic attacks. Think it's a NLP exercise as she was also qualified in that.I found it very helpful although haven't needed to use it for a while. Bear with me as will be a bit long-winded to explain.

You're going to be using 3 senses - sight (peripheral vision), hearing and touch. You can say it aloud but I always found doing it silently worked. It gets better with practice but it's the "doing" of it that's important not being good at it. If you lose the thread at any point, just start again.

Sit or lie comfortably and fix your gaze on a certain object. Start by noticing what you can see in your peripheral vision.

Here's an example of what you might say to yourself:-

I can see -

My tea mug on the table
The computer keyboard
A book

I can hear -

The hum of the computer
The wind in the trees
A car engine

I can feel -

My left forearm resting on the table
My bottom on the chair
My right big toe touching the inside of my slipper

I can see -

A picture on the wall
The wardrobe

I can hear -

The radio downstairs
The dog snoring

I can feel -

My left thigh pressing into the table
My tongue touching tne inside of my lower teeth

I can see -

The headphones on the desk

I can hear -

My breathing

I can feel -

My left thumb touching my index finger.

That's it! It takes a lot of concentration which is probably why it works. I find it gets harder to find the words as you go on - it's like your brain (and breathing) slow down and I suppose that's why it's relaxing. I used to do it lying in bed sometimes or even in the car (as a passenger!) Because my house is very quiet, I sometimes had to repeat the same sounds but that's not a problem. The "feel" one is fascinating as you're not moving and have to notice tiny sensations. My hypno said one of her clients used to go to the loos at work and do it if she was struggling.

Hope it helps - please give it a go. Even sitting here thinking about it and typing this out, I can feel myself "slowing down.

Bette x

I cant believe something so simple actually works! Why arent we taught these things in school?

Thank you so much for posting this Bette  :D

VictoryV

« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2021, 03:54:17 AM »

BRILLIANT!
This works!

Thank you Bette.

Victoria ☀️

Wannabewell

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2021, 03:25:08 PM »

Thanks for this Bette  :)

Anxiety last three days, out of blue.  Been okay up until then on 5th cycle of 2 pumps Oestrogel and Utrogestan sequi.  Not sure if it’d be due to too much or too little Oestrogel? Or as I’m perimenopausal maybe my own hormones in background?

Anyway, I found this technique helped twice today.

Tamba

• First Flush
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »

This is brilliant, thank you, I suffer with anxiety, and I am a over thinker,just given it a go, feel a lot calmer, will try it in bed tonight, hope it helps me sleep. hugs to all.

kathryn22

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2024, 08:15:34 AM »

Just seen this post
Will give it a try as I’m suffering from debilitating anxiety at the moment Anything that helps has to be worthwhile

NicNic80

• First Flush
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2024, 06:53:02 AM »

Morning.
Is anyone able to say that, “yes, HRT helped with my anxiety”??
I’m at my wits end. Have had depression for years (which was actually getting better last year) but in December anxiety smacked me hard in the face and is literally destroying my life.
I had many other symptoms so researched perimenopause (I’m 44 next month) and went to GP. She put me on HRT. Initially patches, which didn’t work for me (awful side effects on the synthetic progesterone) and now on gel and utrogestan.
I have a lot of stress. My job is stressful, we’re going through a house sale and moving to a new town and I have massive mum guilt as my daughter is an only child and she is upset about moving and leaving friends. I feel absolutely terrible for her (even though I know she’ll make new friends).
She can also see I’m not right and I worry I’ll create an anxious child.
I feel like an absolute failure.
I’m off work at the moment and I wake up at 4am every day with a massive tight chest and the constant worrying starts.
What do I do?!! Will HRT help?
I’ve been on it for a month now.
But I don’t know if I can wait another 3, 4, 5 months for it to actually work.
I’ve seriously had enough now  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]