Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone else in my shoes!? 😊  (Read 1050 times)

AJS

• First Flush
Anyone else in my shoes!? 😊
« on: June 21, 2021, 01:38:33 PM »

Hi, I’m completely new to this group, or any other menopause related group for that matter and wondered if there were any other ladies in the same world as me?
I’m 53 and started a family late in life (not by choice). My wonderful daughters are 10 and nearly 7, so as you can imagine keep me on my toes and as an older mum juggling their needs, my work, our house which is being renovated 😨 plus the menopause, I’m nearly finished! I realise now that I’ve battled on for years when I should have got help with Perimenopausal symptoms plus now menopausal issues, but like you do, you carry on and I put it down to life. So I made the big decision to start HRT, taking a progesterone tablet at night and estrogen gel in the morning. I’m now on day 11, so very early days, but if anything I would say I feel more irritable than before! I’ve got masses on my plate and I know I’m juggling so much, but I feel so snappy and moody. I definitely felt this before Hrt, but can’t help but feel it’s been heightened. Is this a normal reaction to Hrt? Will it level off and I’ll gradually begin to feel calmer? It was a big decision for me to start it and I hope I won’t regret it.
Are there any other ladies out there my kind of age with youngish children? I’d love to hear from you and together get and give support maybe?
Thanks xx

sheila99

Re: Anyone else in my shoes!? 😊
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 02:02:43 PM »

A few years further on than you, I'm 60, late peri,DD is 17. Is the progesterone pill utrogeston or something else? Usually problems are caused by the progesterone not the oestrogen (unless you have an adverse reaction to the carrier in it). I would suggest you use a sequi regime at least for the first 3 months until you know what's going on. If it's utro the dose is 200mg x 12 days, days 15-26 where day 1 is the first day of your bleed - if you still have one? The other thing you could try if it'suutro is to take it vaginally instead of orally as you can have fewer side effects that way. Meno isn't easy with small children, DD bore the brunt of my bad temper and lack of energy. Day 11 is too soon to know if it's working but you shouldn't be worse.

AJS

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »

Hi Sheila, thanks for replying 😊. It’s good to know there are other ladies there who have some things in common. My periods stopped 18 months ago so doctor opted for continuous Hrt which makes sense. I’m taking 1 x 100mg Utrogestan plus 1 x 1g gel Estradiol.  I’m sure it’s just all too early to know at the moment, I guess I’m just eager to be less irritable. Having house renovations around me daily is a large part of my emotions plus my husbands just put his back out too, so it never rains but it pours, as they say! 😄

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »

I am dealing with teens, i am 58 and my daughter is 17.

AJS

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »

Thanks Tinkerbell - lots to handle.  Teens feel like they're fast approaching my way too!  ;D