Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weight gain!!!  (Read 3747 times)

Lisa J T

Weight gain!!!
« on: June 16, 2021, 02:45:39 PM »

Hey guys,

I have been on HRT for 18 months and I have gained so much weight... I was aware menopause and HRT can make you gain weight but this is something else.

I'm 37 years old and I am a single mum.who works full time so constantly on the go and my eating habits are the same... if anything some days I barely eat... as you all know menopause is awful  and I'm doing the best I can but the weight gain has now got too much for me... has anyone put on much weight In short time?? How do you get rid of it.

Thank you

Lisa x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weight gain!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

Eating regularly enables the body to use energy as we are designed to.  Apparently  ::).

Why do you miss meals?  MayB when it is cooler, batch cook for freezing?  Have you gained weight or has your body shape altered?

Lisa J T

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »

I've never been a big meal eater... im.more snacks... I have tried everything I used to do to keep the weight off before menopause but its just not working!!! And I swear my boobs grow a cup size every week lol

Lisa J T

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 02:57:11 PM »

Oh and its weight gain and body shape... not sure where my waist has gone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »

Ahhhh - my apron dropped years ago: lack of oestrogen = loose muscles so any elastic effect holding my belly in place, well, it disappeared. So looking down from the great hight of 5ft means I see a fatty belly  :D.  Standing sideways pulling everything in .........  I don't weigh any different to 6 years ago.

Does weight gain run in your family, or even diabetes?

Lisa J T

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 04:04:15 PM »

To be honest I dont weigh myself but before my op I was a size 8 and now I'm a 12/14 and im only 5 ft!!! Im.just not sure what I'm doing wrong... and obviously it was always going to happen as I got older but im sulking about it happening at this age lol

Ummm no my family are all pretty slim ish and no health issues I dont think.

I just thought that the weight gain would of calmed down by now!!!

LadyCC

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 04:43:24 PM »

To be honest I dont weigh myself but before my op I was a size 8 and now I'm a 12/14 and im only 5 ft!!! Im.just not sure what I'm doing wrong... and obviously it was always going to happen as I got older but im sulking about it happening at this age lol

Ummm no my family are all pretty slim ish and no health issues I dont think.

I just thought that the weight gain would of calmed down by now!!!

Snap!  I am being told that eating habits may have to change during these periods of your life.  I have been working with a nutritionist that has recommended a certain higher in protein for me.  So far I am not seeing any changes but I am also still trying to get my hormones balanced in the background.  My weight has changed - a gain of 10lbs.  It is mainly around my tummy and some on my thighs. 

I wish someone could give us the answer that works for us all!

Lisa J T

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 04:45:59 PM »

And you haven't been eating more or less exercise?? It juat happened?

NicolaJ

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 04:46:26 PM »

Hi. I have come to the conclusion that HRT has definitely made me gain weight. I have increased despite significantly increasing my running and eating a balanced diet and within a 12 hour period. I am doing more exercise than I have done in my life yet I’ve put on so much. I ripped my patch off last week as I couldn’t stand the weight gain any more and have lost 4 pounds in four days!

LadyCC

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 05:22:33 PM »

And you haven't been eating more or less exercise?? It juat happened?

I have always had to watch my weight - I eat very very well.  I changed nothing, zilch,  and in a few short weeks the lbs kept notching up.  But the other issues in the background started to come to the fore more too and I quickly understood that if my hormones werent balanced that I wasnt going to have a fighting chance. 

Lisa J T

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »

So I done this last year as the weight gain was building up so much but then I had a massive dip mentally and dr advised me to go back on them... its like if I stay on them I wont stop getting bigger but if come off them im risking my mental health... another issue I never had til I started menopause

LadyCC

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »

Hi. I have come to the conclusion that HRT has definitely made me gain weight. I have increased despite significantly increasing my running and eating a balanced diet and within a 12 hour period. I am doing more exercise than I have done in my life yet I’ve put on so much. I ripped my patch off last week as I couldn’t stand the weight gain any more and have lost 4 pounds in four days!

Excuse my ignorance im still learning - what patch, is that oestrogen or progesterone?

Lisa J T

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 06:25:07 PM »

I'm on the patches to... its the same as the Hrt tablet but just a patch you change twice a week...

Doingmyheadin

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 07:55:25 PM »

I totally totally agree ! And have been waiting to see a post about this….I have been on Gel and Mirena and now changed to Utrogeston for five years ….would say I’m now post meno ….always weighed below nine stone and am now over 10stone ….don’t eat rubbish hardly drink …still exercise and no matter what I do it will not budge ….I look at least five months pregnant !! I’m so fed up with it …. I just don’t know what to do it’s like a viscous circle ….when I was coming to the end of my Mirena I cut my gel use down to a couple of times a week and did notice some weight loss ….but now I’m on Utrogeston I’m constantly bloated,tearful,sluggish and depressed. I don’t think I can take the two hormones together constantly …. But we can’t take the Estrogen unopposed …. I am at my wits end
Anyway thanks for posting this at least I know I’m not alone ….

Gilla999

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 09:03:30 PM »

I'd just like to chime in here and say that for absolute certain HRT made me gain weight - a stone, as soon as I started taking it and very rapidly in the space of about 6 weeks. I seem to have stabilised at a stone higher now. No changes to diet or exercise. I've done a lot of reading on it and there is evidence out there that an increase in estrogen or more accurately excess estrogen can cause it.

However lots of women don't gain with it also - I did wonder if it could have anything to do with what level of estrogen you're needing to get to in order to be symptom free... e.g. as a younger women mine is quite high.

The HRT has literally been a God send for me in other ways though, so it's a price I have to pay.  :'(

It is reassuring to hear others have experienced it... I was quite frightened by the rapid weight gain at first!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:05:25 PM by Gilla999 »
Pages: [1] 2