Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Any success stories of shifting stubborn hormonal weight with hrt?  (Read 3484 times)

loonarider

Cellulite is on the next level. I never have had so much accumulate at the top of my thighs, it despressing and horrid. I drink lots of water, fit, active, do resistance bands and heavy weights plus lots of walking. I eat healthily and intuitively, yet I cannot understand why all the muscle I can feel on my thighs but instead they are riddled with cottage cheese porrdigey fat!

I noticed this once I turned 40, and ever since has not improved. I have only just started hrt and I am aware of the estrogen link to fatty bits on womens bodies - can hrt correct or minimise this? Any success stories, please?! I need some hope.

I want to be able to wear a short skirt or shorts one last time! Funny how I had such low self esteem in my younger days when my legs proibably looked way better. Should've made the most of it. :-\
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:16:25 PM by loonarider »

Sparkler

Hi loonraider

I am not thin and svelte by any means, but I did shift 2.5 stones while on HRT. I have been on on HRT since March 2019 and started to try and lose weight in August 2020. It mainly came off that Autumn and I have spent a lot of time working out how to stay at a stable weight since, which I am now managing ok. I am not sure the HRT made it any easier to lose weight, but I think it did make my hunger more stable so it was easier to plan. I used an online program which worked well for me, and my husband also lost around 1.5 stones over the same time. DM me if you want to know what it was.

I think cyclical hrt provides an opportunity to know when you are going to need comfort food and when you are likely to feel ok eating a little less? That’s how I found it anyway, but it may also depend on how overweight you are. I could do with losing another stone and haven’t started on that challenge yet.

Sparkler

groundhog

Following this as a,so really struggling with my weight.
I had surgical menopause which resulted in massive complications.  No now was interested in menopause and never had HRT.  I’ve always struggled a bit with my weight but now it’s much worse which is making me really unhappy.
Could you share with us what plan you tried Sparkler, 2.5 stones is an excellent result, well done 👏👏

Sparkler

Hi there
It was NOOM, where the psychology of overeating and looking after yourself is drip fed every day via the app. I had tried other things previously but this one really works for me. The daily 10 mins helped me stay focussed.
S
x

Ju Ju

Yes, I weigh less than I did late teens/early 20s. I started putting the weight on in my 40s, but developed an intolerance to wheat and had to exclude it from my diet. No will power needed. I lost a stone very quickly. Later I was advised to cut out/reduce sugar intake due to early pre diabetes symptoms and a very strong family history of diabetes. Will power was needed here, but I lost another stone. I’m probably at my ideal weight and have maintained it for years. I have found I can’t eat loads anymore and going out for meals with several courses is no longer something I can do. Excluding sugar, particularly refined sugar is probably the simplest and healthiest way to lose weight, but not easy unless you have a motivation like me. Sometimes I envy people who can go out and eat anything.