Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dr Vegan - Menofriend  (Read 9737 times)

LadyCC

Dr Vegan - Menofriend
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »

Hi all

Has anyone tried Dr Vegan's Menofriend?
Do you use it in conjuction with HRT or instead of?
I would be grateful if you could share your experience of this - I have spent the last year 'trialling' various doseages of HRT and paying for help to get to this 'right' doseage and I am fed up.  Also I dont think I can tolerate oestrogen in gel format either as the cramping that I was experiencing already without it became exacerbated with it - not even a small dose. 

Your comments greatly appreciated

Kathleen

Re: Dr Vegan - Menofriend
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 08:13:13 AM »

Hello LadyCC and welcome to the forum.

I haven't heard of this product and would be interested to learn more.

I have had varied experiences with supplements and HRT and I sympathise with your frustration.

Hopefully some ladies will be along soon to share their experience.

Take care.

K.

LadyCC

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for responding.  After conversing with my integrated practitioner I am giving it a go along with progesterone (utrogestan) and she will monitor this.  I am hoping that because the phytoestrogens are not as strong as the oestrogel that this might be the difference and give better response.

It would be good meanwhile to get the experiences of others but to be fair, I think this product was only launched early this year.  How is your experience of late with the supplements you have been trying if you dont mind me asking Kathleen?

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 04:09:27 PM »

Hello again LadyCC.

My experiments with supplements were a long time ago and before I began using HRT.

I recall that Menopace was one and my GP even suggested Rex Clover but I didn't try that one. Another friend took Sage tablets without success. Up until now supplements haven't had a good track record here on the forum but one lady  posted recently about Femarelle ( not sure of the spelling) which is new and apparently actually has some scientific data to support it which is key I think.  If Dr Vegan's Meno friend fall into this category it will be one to watch.

Back in the day I  gave up with supplements when I heard of one woman who had taken Menopace  for a year without improvement and  her colleague said that she had just bought some to try. I occurred to me  that it didn't matter if  the product was ineffective  because there would always be another menopausal woman willing to buy it and therefore make a profit for the company.

Hopefully we will now see new products that have been tested and their claims of efficacy substantiated so that we will have a real choice of treatment.

Take care and keep us updated.

K.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »

Cynic here but anything that calls itself Dr vegan sounds more like hype than science.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 05:27:13 PM »

Cynic here but anything that calls itself Dr vegan sounds more like hype than science.

I would agree!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 08:16:50 PM »

Also - any benefits from herbs may well be lost when hormones take over.  As well as herbs, although being 'natural' may not be advisable, i.e. digitalis.  Some can even interact detrimentally with prescribed medication.  Nothing works immediately.

LadyCC

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 08:50:39 AM »

Also - any benefits from herbs may well be lost when hormones take over.  As well as herbs, although being 'natural' may not be advisable, i.e. digitalis.  Some can even interact detrimentally with prescribed medication.  Nothing works immediately.

Hi CLKD

Yes, you are right they might interact.  I did ask Dr Vegan who stated they couldn't advise so I would always tell anyone to seek guidance from their practitioner if they are looking to try different things but in my case, having now sought the guidance from an integrated practitioner,  I am able to take this product with progesterone but I am being monitored.  Still nothing major to report but I also still am awaiting Dutch test results which I hope to have by end of this early next week.