Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Symptom Woes  (Read 15236 times)

FannyAnnie72

Symptom Woes
« on: May 29, 2021, 04:30:54 PM »

Evening all !!

So as the forum states, laughter is the best medicine, so in true PM style I would like to share some of my most fabulous symptoms!

The weight gain for many of us is an obvious issue, despite being told by a medical professional (male) who I once worked with "isn't a symptom of menopause, it's a fallacy".  As I said, I don't work for him anymore, I left before he caught me on an off day/hour and the thoughts of putting his head in the filing cabinet becoming very real.

Not only do we have the joy of gaining weight, but these rogue hairs.  WTF are they?!?!  One day I thought I had something crawling across my chest such was the tickle only to find it was a two-inch long nipple hair wafting beneath my D-cup.  It should be noted, the only bonus of weight gain has been my newly found breasticles (with a friend once commenting "phwoarrrr, where did that rack come from??").  The downside of these wompers is that they now point south whereas my little old faithfuls were pert and passed the pencil-test  ::)

So back to the hair thing again.  I don't have a social life now due to lots of reasons, but spend my evenings rooting (didn't even try that pun) out these solid chin hairs!  As quick as one has been carefully removed, and believe me you need a proper grip on the tweezers to effectively remove, another pops up in its place!  Another bonus (for some) is that my armpit hair is pretty non-existent now as are the hairs on my legs.... no more waxing!

Let's move on from the follicle-frenzy. 

Farting... I know it doesn't sound very lady-like, but WTH!!  I used to put it down to 'certain foods', now it's anything I put in my mouth.
Thank the Lord (other divine entities are available), I'm not in a relationship or it would most definitely be over before it started or through holding it in, I'd look like Violet from Charlie and Chocolate Factory!  This wind also results in the most gruesomely sounding burps on occasion when there's enough of it.

And last but certainly not least (there are far too many to mention as you all well know!).... Incontinence....  Now don't get me wrong, I don't have the problem some women do where I need Tena-Lady, but I've wondered over the years why a tiny bit of leakage now has this potent whiff (or maybe it is just me in which case this is particularly embarrassing!).  In a conversation with a very close friend who is also experiencing PM at this time of writing, I likened it to smelling like I'd just spent a weeks retreat in a nursing home  ;D.  On the same note (yes there's another pun, unintended) I have never needed deodorant in my life but there are times when I pong like I haven't washed in a week!

Feel free to add your woes!

Keep smiling ladies, over and out!

F-A  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptom Woes
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 05:32:52 PM »

You'll fit right in.  I started a thread years ago "Oh ERRRR" about body whiffs.  Leaking can be due to vaginal atrophy and does not have to be tolerated ;-). 

Anti-perspirants are better than deodorants.  As for extra hair: I started a thread years ago "My Chin!".  Now I find that I get a small pimple, under which will be a long, stiff, white hair  :o

And don't get me started on leg hair  :P

I often mutter "Put your head down the toilet and flush the handle"  :D - usually at road hogs.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 05:38:17 PM »

Aahhhh the lovely body hair,so attractive,why is it our bodies seem to think we need nipple hair and chin hair as we age? Does it benefit us in any way?
Also my eyes are getting worse,now have a lovely magnifying mirror to do my make up but GEEZE have you ever seen yourself THAT large!? How I don't terrify small children,I'll never know.......oh.....wait....... I do  ;D

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »

Aahhhh the lovely body hair,so attractive,why is it our bodies seem to think we need nipple hair and chin hair as we age? Does it benefit us in any way?
Also my eyes are getting worse,now have a lovely magnifying mirror to do my make up but GEEZE have you ever seen yourself THAT large!? How I don't terrify small children,I'll never know.......oh.....wait....... I do  ;D

Phew (again no pun intended) so glad I'm not alone :) :)

FannyAnnie72

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »

You'll fit right in.  I started a thread years ago "Oh ERRRR" about body whiffs.  Leaking can be due to vaginal atrophy and does not have to be tolerated ;-). 

Anti-perspirants are better than deodorants.  As for extra hair: I started a thread years ago "My Chin!".  Now I find that I get a small pimple, under which will be a long, stiff, white hair  :o

And don't get me started on leg hair  :P

I often mutter "Put your head down the toilet and flush the handle"  :D - usually at road hogs.

Again PHEW!! We have to try and laugh about things to have any sort of normal mental health in all this!!

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »

This hairy chin thing has been going on for about 10 years. It takes precision skill to extract a rock solid 4mm hair that looks like it dropped off a passing hedgehog and takes several attempts. I do a ‘rooting’ evening vigil these days and have 8 black hairs on my chin. Thank the Lord the ones on my inner mid thigh aren’t as tough but they grow so fast, if left I could knit my own knickers!

Why does nature not think to place these follicles on one’s head?

I’ve got to find CDLK’s chin thread. 😂