Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oral allergy syndrome. Anyone else got this?  (Read 2961 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Oral allergy syndrome. Anyone else got this?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 10:05:05 AM »

Clkd - for me it's called oral allergy syndrome and its caused by pollen. Runs in food groups and is linked to grass/tree allergy ...the pollen comes through the raw fruit and veg... Something like that 🙄

I can eat any of these things cooked as it breaks down the problem.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 11:51:27 AM »

Interesting  :thankyou:

Years ago++ our cat had allergic reactions to pollen - we think.  Not much known about pet allergens in the 1970s.  His eyes and mouth would swell from mid-April, trying to get anti-histamines into him was difficult.  He would hide and growl but it was necessary  :'(

I have allergic rhinitis.  Snuffling a lot this morning  >:( strangely, every time I have my hands in the sink  :D.  Nothing was found in particular that triggers my year-round symptoms other than in recent years, as stated with chocolate .........

Mamie

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2021, 12:57:53 PM »

Yes, I have this also Crispy Chick.  I'm 69 now and have had hay fever since I was 27.  Firstly only to grass pollen, then about 5 years later to tree pollen as well.  Then when I was about 45 I got oral allergy syndrome.  I get a tingling around my lips and itchy tongue and throat.  This happens with apples, peaches, pears, plums, apricots, nectarines etc.  So unfortunately I have to avoid all of that group.  Like you I'm okay if they have gone through some sort of process like cooking or canning. 
About 5 years ago I found that when I peeled potatoes I would get extremely wheezy!  So now that's hubby's job  ;)

I don't take antihistamines on a regular basis, only if my hay fever is extremely bad.  I find they make me constipated  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »

As an aside onions made me REALLY ill - the closest I've ever got to a 'trip'  :-\.  In recent years cooked onions haven't had such a bad reaction. I love the smell, taste etc. but had to avoid anything, even packet soups ...... made reading labels interesting! 🤔

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 05:00:11 PM »

I had to put a banana down yesterday, 2 bites and my mouth was burning.
Pages: 1 [2]